UPDATE: 96% of U.S. Affiliates Closed, 88% Globally
The gym toll has risen steadily since last week as new state-wide mandated closures took effect and more locations voluntarily closed their doors. Nearly all U.S.-based affiliates are now closed, 96% according to our study. A handful of states have not issued shelter-in-place or statewide business closure orders. Worldwide closures have now reached 88% fueled by Brazil’s country-wide closure as reported by the Seeking Growth Podcast. The Morning Chalk Up has been unable to verify this information but it tracks closely with the picture painted by outside news sources.
- Even if your gym is closed due to a state-mandated closure, please report it in this survey.
- If your gym is permanently closed, please let us know.
- 88%, or 13,135 of the 14,790 affiliates worldwide are closed.
- 96%, or 6,651 of the 6,915 affiliates in the U.S. are closed.
- Interact with our full map of closures.
- Coronavirus Map: Tracking CrossFit Affiliate Closures Worldwide
- APRIL 5: 90% of U.S. Affiliates Closed, Nearly 80% Globally
- CrossFitters in China Getting Back On Their Feet
- CrossFit Legend Chris Spealler Tests Positive for COVID-19, But is on the Mend