CrossFit HQ Extends Video Review Process for AGOQ
CrossFit Headquarters announced in a Facebook post and in a release on their website that they would extend the review process for the Age Group Online Qualifier to April 29. The original deadline was set for 5:00 p.m. PT on Monday, April 13, to finalize the video review process and assess any penalties and scoring adjustments.
The bottom line: Citing that they were “focused on supporting CrossFit affiliates dealing with temporary closure”, HQ did not meet the deadline they originally published in the 2020 CrossFit Games Rulebook.
- HQ announced that appeals of any penalties and scoring adjustments would now conclude on May 11.
- They did not announce when and if Games invitations for the Age Group divisions would be sent out.
- This marks the second time this season that HQ has missed a video review deadline. In December, HQ missed their self-imposed deadline to complete the video reviews and finalize the worldwide leaderboard of the Open.
- According to a number of age-group athletes who the Morning Chalk Up contacted, HQ asked for two videos (AGOQ event one and six) from the top-25 athletes in each division.
- The athletes said they had all received an email saying one of their video submissions (event six) was received and accepted within a week of submitting their videos.
- This leaves one video from each of the 400 athletes who submitted their video yet to be reviewed.