CrossFit Seminars Make Their In-Person Return This Weekend
Two months ago CrossFit HQ ceased providing its seminar courses in-person due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This morning they will hold their first live courses on United States soil when they hold Level 1 seminars in Virginia and Florida.
One big thing: HQ looks to be taking the approach that many states are by slowly reintroducing the seminars. They are choosing states and regions that have relaxed their restrictions with gyms. In June they have scheduled what appears a full schedule of seminars throughout the country while also offering online options.
- CrossFit Takeover in Virginia Beach, Virginia and CrossFit Westchase in Oldsmar, Florida will be hosting Level 1 seminars this weekend.
- Both states have included gym reopenings as part of their “Phase One” opening plans.
- In Virginia, fitness centers and gyms can be open for outdoor activities only. Attendees must stay ten feet apart during all activities and must wear a mask when facing another person. All group outdoor activities may not have more than ten guests, patrons, or members.
- Florida initially left gyms off their Phase One opening plan but later allowed them to open on May 18. The gyms can only operate at 50 percent capacity.
- For CrossFit, they started offering L1 and CrossFit Kids courses online during the peak of the pandemic. Those courses have been popular, selling out most of their seminars.
- CrossFit is also holding a L1 seminar in Vällingby, Sweden at CrossFit 162 West this weekend.
The bottomline: The seminars have been a major source of revenue for HQ and through the seminars, it employs a large contingent of trainers and instructors. The return of the seminars renews that revenue stream and gets those trainers back on the road and earning paychecks.