Watch: Former CrossFit Employee, Pilot To Greg Glassman Speaks Out
In what is likely to be a developing story going forward, former CrossFit Inc. employee Andy Stumpf has just released a new episode of his Cleared Hot podcast entitled “Full Auto Friday – Round 5” during which he details a troubling pattern of behavior and culture surrounding CrossFit founder, owner, and former CEO Greg Glassman.
A little backstory: Stumpf worked for CrossFit Inc. during some of the companies formative years from 2007 until 2014. He worked for the CrossFit L1 seminar staff as an instructor, and eventually Flowmaster before switching to an administrative role, working as liaison for CrossFit in their business relationship with Reebok, and operating as the personal pilot for Glassman in his travels via private plane.
- Stumpf eventually quit the company in 2014. In the video below, he details the circumstances around his leaving, and his decision to speak out now.
- From the closing minutes: “And I wanna be crystal clear to CrossFit Headquarters: I used generalities in what I was speaking about intentionally.”
- “Please don’t confuse that for a lack of having specific and precise details. I’m speaking up now because I should have spoken up then.”
- “And for the other members of CrossFit Headquarters staff who are wondering whether or not you did the right thing, all I would ask of you is this: put your mother, or your sister or your wife, or your daughter into the same events or situations you saw play out over time and tell me if you would be comfortable sitting back and being unwilling to speak up,” he continued.
- “The reason this was allowed to happen is because we enabled Greg. And if the choice on your side of the house is to attack me, let me be very clear: I will burn this motherfucker to the ground in the defense of what I believe and I am unwilling to move an inch on my morals on this moving forward,” he concluded.
It’s the latest news in what has without a doubt been the most tumultuous few weeks in the history of CrossFit, and there is a mountain of time, work, and discussion needed in order for the amazing community of affiliates and gyms around the world to be able to forge a better path going forward.
If you’re reading this, your voice is valuable. Your place in the community is instrumental in creating a better future. After watching the video and taking the time to think, we encourage you to comment below, share your thoughts, and be a part of the conversation.