Ohlsen Hoping for Redemption at Trail Run
The second Fittest Man on Earth, Noah Ohlsen, is hoping for redemption at the CrossFit Ranch trail run where he placed 32nd back in 2016. Ohlsen, who was one of the only athletes wearing pants during the event, was off to a strong start with the early leaders but tapered off shortly into the 7K run.
- “What’s challenged me the most in the past…was the trail run,” Ohlsen said at a press conference this morning. “I had a rough go at that in 2016, so I’m hoping for a little bit of redemption this year.”
The trail run: Complete details have yet to be released but it’s scheduled to be the fifth and final workout of jam-packed day 1.
- For all workout details and a schedule in your local time zone, go here.
One big thing: Ohlsen has been known to start his engines a little hot in past running events. Like rowing, running is one of those events that you can’t win in the first 400 meters but you can certainly lose it. Ohlsen needs to avoid shooting out of a cannon.
- Every place on the leaderboard is worth a minimum of 20 points, which means that losing even one spot on the leaderboard could be costly.
- At the 2019 Wodapalooza CrossFit Festival, a quick start on the sand 5K sent him tumbling back to 28th place in that event. He had to crawl his way back up to finish in third overall.
- At the 2019 CrossFit Games, Ohlsen finished 24th out of 50 athletes in the field, a marked improvement from his 2016 placement.
Worth noting: Here’s how Ohlsen, Fraser and Kwant match-up in past Games running heavy events; the one exception is Jeffrey Adler who only competed at the 2019 Games.
- 2016 Trail Run: Mat Fraser – 1st, Samuel Kwant – 13th, Noah Ohlsen 32nd.
- 2017 Run, Swim, Run: Mathew Fraser – 7th, Noah Ohlsen – 8th, Sam.uel Kwant – 33rd
- 2019 Ruck – Mathew Fraser – 17th, Jeffrey Adler – 21st, Samuel Kwant – 23rd, Noah Ohlsen – 24th.