2020 CrossFit Games By the Numbers: Day 3
Enjoying Morning Chalk Up? Help to ensure that we can continue to be an independent voice for the community and sport we love by supporting our journalism today.
Here are the significant numbers we gathered after Day 3 of the 2020 Reebok CrossFit Games.
- 5: Total number of CrossFit Games titles by Mathew Fraser, snapping his tie with Rich Froning for the most individual titles. After finishing second in his first two Games appearances, Fraser has won five-straight titles starting with the 2016 Games.
- 12: The number of seconds Fraser waited at the rig so Toomey could finish her final pull-ups and they could run the last mile together.
- 6: The number of consecutive event wins by Tia-Clair Toomey, tying Mathew Fraser’s record which was also set at the 2020 Games.
- 6.48: The cumulative time in seconds that Samuel Kwant defeated Mathew Fraser in event 10, Swim ‘N’ Stuff. The win by Kwant snapped Fraser’s record streak of six-straight event wins. He is also just the second person to beat Fraser in an event this weekend.
- 29: The number of career event victories by Fraser in seven career trips to the Games. Twenty of those victories have come over the last two Games including 14 this year when you include the online stage.
- 0.37: The time in hundredths of a second that Fraser edged out Kwant in the Sprint-Sled-Sprint for his ninth event victory.
- 2.5: The average placing for Kwant over the last four events of the Games accounting for 285 of his 605 total points and vaulting him into second place and securing his first-ever podium finish.
- 2013: The last and only year that the Games had an event that featured a pool workout before using one at the Morgan Hill Sports Complex for the Swim ‘N’ Stuff event on Sunday.
More About CrossFit Games