Mayhem Mission Uses Faith and Fitness to Impact the World
With Thanksgiving and the holiday season upon us, it is the time of year where we honor our loved ones and give thanks for our blessings. For the four-time Fittest Man on Earth, Rich Froning, the season is also about giving back to the community, something that he has learned from his family and his faith. From the start, giving back has been one of the cornerstones of CrossFit Mayhem and now that cornerstone has become an organization — Mayhem Mission — the charitable arm of his business.
One big thing: Mayhem Mission made its debut a month ago but has been a part of Froning’s long term plan for years. This year he found more time to devote to the area of service with Mayhem’s platform and has planned many events for the 2021 calendar year.
- “We were able to bring in my good friend Brian Nelson, as Mayhem’s Chief Financial Officer a couple of months ago,” said Froning. “He’s had a heart for overseas missions, so we decided to start Mayhem Mission to impact the world both locally and internationally.”
The details so far: The goal of Mayhem Mission is to help communities in need through faith and fitness.
- The organization held the Legends of the Fall obstacle course race in October to start fundraising for 2021 events.
- This was followed by supporting the Parole Project, an organization in Louisiana that provides people who have served long prison sentences educational programs and other services to help parolees transition to life after prison.
- In November the organization distributed 100 pairs of Reebok Nanos to the Parole Project, Eagle Rock Boys Ranch in Alabama and a homeless shelter in Cookeville, TN.
- They have helped the Christian Church in Louisiana in hurricane relief and the Boulder County Fire Department, providing aid as they fought wildfires in California.
- Mayhem Mission has also partnered up and has plans to hold events with the both the Cookeville Police and Fire Departments, Togo Missions, Keala Foundation, Cure International and the Kurt Craig Foundation.
- They are currently planning five foreign mission trips in 2021 where they will hold athletic camps as well as helping out in community projects with local ministries.
- Mayhem Mission will kick-off their charity work in January with by partnering with Rescue Freedom to bring awareness and raise money to combat human trafficking. They plan to host a workout on Jan. 11, which is National Trafficking Awareness Day.
- Besides various fundraisers, Mayhem Mission has also joined with Rogue, Reebok, Rx Smart Gear and Pit Boss Grills in this charitable venture.
- Mayhem Mission has a website where businesses can partner, donate or sign-up as a volunteer for their events.
The bottom line: Mayhem Mission is the latest venture by Rich Froning, but by far the one that means the most to him as he continues to parlay his CrossFit success into issues that mean the most to him. A man who doesn’t hide the fact that he is a servant of God, Froning now has an organization that he can officially use to continue to serve not just the CrossFit community but the world.
- “We are hoping the fitness community will join us and work alongside us this year as we launch our missions and our projects,” said Froning.