How to Watch CrossFit Open Announcement 21.1 Live on Thursday
In preparation for its first live Open announcement in three years the CrossFit Games will bring back the much anticipated staple of the season on Thursday on their official YouTube channel.
The details: The live Open announcements by CrossFit signaled the start of the world’s largest participatory sporting event. The announcements started in the 2013 season and grew in size and popularity up until the final one in 2018.
- CrossFit elected not to host live Open announcements during the 2019 and 2020 seasons.
- 21.1 will be presented by FITAID from the CrossFit Home Office in Scotts Valley, CA.
- The 2020 Third “Fittest Woman on Earth” Kari Pearce will take on fellow American and five-time Games veteran Kristi Eramo O’Connell in the 21.1 announcement at 5 PM PST/8 PM EST on Thursday.
- At the 21.2 announcement on March 18, returning podium finishers from the 2020 Games. runner-up Samuel Kwant and third-place finisher Justin Medeiros will face off.
- It will be brother vs brother at the 21.3 announcement on March 25, as eight-time Games veteran Scott Panchik takes on his younger brother, three-time qualifier, Saxon.