PUMA Teams Up with The OUT Foundation to Create Pride Collection
Remind me: PUMA entered the CrossFit market with a new training shoe, FUSE, in early January. In line with the footwear launch, the brand announced partnerships with three organizations affiliated with the sport: Barbells for Boobs, AfroBrutality, and The OUT Foundation.
- Each partnership is different — PUMA has described their work with AfroBrutality as “supporting various causes through cultural moments, events, and more,” they’re planning to work with Barbells for Boobs on events, competitions, and fundraisers.
- Through their partnership with The Out Foundation — a nonprofit dedicated to providing access for and supporting LGBTQ+ individuals in the fitness and wellness space, The OutAthlete Program — Powered by PUMA has sponsored fitness memberships for 12 LGBTQ+ young adults in 2021.
- “The program provides year-long gym memberships, nutrition coaching, and more to deserving LGBTQ+ young adults to help set them up for success, inside the gym and out,” says Will Lanier, Founder & Chief Mission Officer at The Out Foundation.
The collaboration: When forging these partnerships between PUMA and CrossFit-oriented organizations, Allison Giorgio, VP of Marketing at PUMA North America, told Morning Chalk Up that it was important for them to “maintain a strong level of collaboration.”
This rings true for the PUMA x OUT collaboration, according to Lanier.
- “All of our conversations with PUMA have been so open and collaborative — from the apparel team to the footwear team and everyone in between – they just seem to ‘get it’ and are 100% in on supporting our mission to make fitness, health, and wellness more inclusive,” he says.
- “I think having our input coupled with the professional work of their team has made a collection that will be fun not just for LGBTQ+ people to wear, but for our allies as well,” he adds.
Powered by Pride: The PUMA x OUT collection will be released June 5, online and at the PUMA NYC Flagship location. The line includes performance tees, graphic tanks, and crew socks, all decked out with a touch of rainbow.
- Later this summer, PUMA x OUT will release a co-branded FUSE shoe, featuring an all-black design with “multi-color chrome and rainbow accents.”
- “This collection is Powered by Pride, from the design conversations to the final product and all of the people who will be rocking it inside the gym and out. It may be here to celebrate Pride month, but it’s meant to signify the perseverance, positivity, performance, and pride of the LGBTQ+ community, day in and day out,” says Lainer.