The Granite Games Teens Prove Age Is Just A Number, But Snatch Weights Are Not
Last night, the athletes at the Granite Games took on a max snatch event to open a weekend of competition. While the numbers put up by the ladies on the field were impressive, what was more impressive was the age of some of the top snatch scores.
Remind me: This weekend at the Granite Games, four girls all twenty and under take the competition floor to compete for a spot at the 2021 CrossFit Games.
One big thing: Despite not being old enough to drink or rent a car, the four girls put up weights that would rival Games athletes.
- Emma Cary (Age 17): 200 pounds
- Paige Powers (Age 18): 190 pounds
- Faith Ferguson (Age 20): 185 pounds
- Mallory O’Brien (Age 17): 185 pounds
How does it compare: The last time we saw a 1-rep max snatch in the teenage division at the CrossFit Games was in 2017.
- This year, all four girls outsnatched 94% of 16-17 year olds from 2017.
- All four girls outsnatched 2020’s fourth fittest woman Haley Adams’ snatch from that year of 167 pounds (she was 16 at the time).
- Not only that, but the lowest finish this weekend in the snatch came from Ferguson and O’Brien who both snatched 185 pounds and tied for 12th place, snatching more than 50% of the women’s field.
- Emma Cary, who tied for fourth place, out-snatched 83% of the women competing at Granite Games this weekend.