SNEAK PEAK: Early Release of the Sara Sigmundsdottir x WIT Collection
Details have finally emerged about the new apparel line being designed by Sara Sigmundsdottir, launching January 2022 under the WIT apparel brand. However, an early 17-piece collection will be released August 19.
One big thing: The Sigmundsdottir x WIT collection represents an unprecedented involvement by an athlete in the design process with an apparel brand. This goes far beyond color and shading selections we’ve seen in designs from other companies.
- Sigmundsdottir herself, has been uniquely involved, down to the form, function and purpose of specific design pieces.
- She has also worked extensively for months with the apparel designers sorting through fabrics, materials, cuts and design affectations.
In her own words: “I’m very involved. People are like ‘oh so you’re getting your collection, are you choosing the colors?’ I’m like no, I’m designing the thing,” Sara Sigmundsdóttir told us in an exclusive interview.
- “I’ve always been super creative. All of a sudden I get an idea for a sports bra and I just have to draw it up on drawing paper at the office. Then I sent it to the designers with like ‘this is my idea today’ and then they come with a comeback like ‘this is a great idea, but we would need to do it like this.’”
Launch details: The signature new line will officially launch in January 2022, but a special early release will be available for purchase at an invite-only launch party at WIT’s London flagship store on Thursday, August 19th at 7:00 PM GMT.
- A 17 piece apparel collection and Sigmundsdottir branded accessories will be available at the early launch, as well as online in limited quantities.
- Models will be showcasing the line on a fashion meets function catwalk featuring a mix of Sara’s friends from Iceland.
- The event will be live-streamed on WIT’s website.
- Not on the invite list? On August 21, there will be a meet and greet with Sara.
Get the Newsletter
For a daily digest of all things CrossFit. Community, Competitions, Athletes, Tips, Recipes, Deals and more.
"*" indicates required fields