BREAKING: Sara Sigmundsdottir and WIT Fitness Part Ways
Sara Sigmundsdottir and WIT Fitness have parted ways after more than a two year partnership.
Since she joined the team in Nov 2020, the brand has released eight collections in her name, including a line empowering women to feel confident and powerful in their skin and even a fashion show.
Though she is walking away from being the face of WIT, Sigmundsdottir will continue to hold stock in the brand.
The details: Sigmundsdottir represented the brand through her comeback at Wodapalooza in 2022 after an ACL tear and a multitude of other competitions and platforms.
- Sigmundsdottir was featured on the cover of Womens Fitness magazine in August of 2021.
- The brand is re-releasing their top hits of Sigmundsdottir’s collections, which will launch at the end of April. (You can register here for early access.)
- This news comes as founder and Chief Brand Officer Daniel Williams announces his stepping away from the brand and hinted at some possible new developments in the space.
One big thing: Beyond Sigmundsdottir’s continued involvement with WIT on the investment side, she and the brand had an amicable separation and positive reviews of the other.
- “From day one Sara brought her incredible energy to Team WIT and we knew it was the start of something special,” WIT CEO Matt Brewster said. “She is truly an inspiration to the fitness community and her time at WIT has been monumental.”
- Sigmundsdottir: “WIT truly allowed me to bring my design passions to life through creating several collections where I could unleash my creativity in a way I never imagined I’d be able to, and I am so grateful for that opportunity and for all the things I learned in the process.”
Sigmundsdottir: “Although we are parting ways now and I am en route to start a new chapter in my career, I can wholeheartedly say that WIT will always have a place in my heart. Once team WIT, always team WIT.”