WIT Launches Round of Crowdfunding Campaign, Aims for Global Expansion
WIT Fitness, the multi-brand training retailer with partnerships spanning the fitness industry, has announced a new fundraising campaign. The company, with its roots in the CrossFit community, has the goal of further expanding globally while adding more products, physical experiences, and collaborations with some of the most prominent athletes.
The details: The campaign itself has not yet been launched. This will take place later in the month of September. However, those interested can get involved early. From now until September 20th, they can register on Seedrs and join the priority list. They will get early access to the campaign, and they will be able to make their investment in the international brand.
- This campaign takes place after WIT made a change in its leadership structure. The company appointed Matt Brewster as CEO back in June and began relying on his experience helping other retail brands grow.
- For US based investors, please contact [email protected] directly. Minimum ticket is $25,000.
WIT previously held a crowdfunding campaign back in 2017. The company raised £1 million, which helped it build the flagship store in London. This retail space also included a community gym, which drew praise from “Men’s Health” and CrossFit community members.
- Along with building a physical store in London, WIT also used its first crowdfunding campaign to expand overseas. The company expanded into the United States and launched its own apparel brand.
Matt Brewster, WIT Fitness CEO: “WIT Fitness is a brand built from the community, we owe our success to the incredible support we receive from the public and their belief in our vision to change lives through training.”
- “It gives me great pleasure to open up this opportunity for that community to participate in our success and own a part of the functional fitness landscape. With our ambitious growth goals, dialed in strategic direction, and exciting lineup of new brands, partnerships, and activations, the future is bright for WIT.”
What the campaign includes: Investors who take part in the upcoming crowdfunding campaign will have some exclusive perks available to them. This includes a lifetime discount of “up to 15%,” early access to product launches, and free membership packages. Those that contribute over £500 will also lock up a mystery kit bag.
A group of big names: WIT Fitness has made its presence known in CrossFit, especially after locking up partnerships with some high-profile athletes. Chief among them is Sara Sigmundsdottir, who collaborated with WIT’s team to launch a line of products in 2021.
- CrossFit Games athletes Jeffrey Adler, Paige Powers, Emma Lawson, Kelly Friel, and Joshua Al-chamaa are all ambassadors for WIT Fitness. They all join a list that also includes Premiership Rugby Team The Northampton Saints.
Based on teases provided by WIT Fitness, this list of ambassadors will only continue to grow as the latest round of crowdfunding begins. It will include athletes and personalities alike as WIT Fitness becomes an even bigger name in the fitness industry.