WHOOP Unveils the Bright Future of Wearable Trackers, WHOOP 4.0 and WHOOP Body
WHOOP has revealed the next generation of its technology aimed at providing even more in-depth information for athletes and casual fitness enthusiasts alike. The company unveiled WHOOP 4.0 — a smaller wearable with even more features — and WHOOP Body, a line of “smart apparel.”
One big thing: The previous WHOOP straps provided a staggering level of information to users, but WHOOP 4.0 goes even further. The new technology now tracks blood-oxygen levels and skin temperature. The active sensor area also features 5 LEDs — three green, one red, and one infrared — 4 photodiodes, and “advanced algorithms.”
- The WHOOP 4.0 is 33% smaller than the existing strap, with a five-day battery life and a new health monitor that provides heart rate, skin temperature, blood oxygen saturation, resting heart rate, heart rate variability, and respiratory rate in one handy view.
- The upgraded battery pack is waterproof and built for on-the-go charging. The WHOOP 4.0 is the first product in the world to incorporate the Sila’s silicon anode battery material, providing higher energy density per cell. Users can view the remaining battery life with a quick double-tap.
- Get a free WHOOP strap and your first month on us.
WHOOP Body is a new line of wearable technology that allows users to collect accurate data from several areas on their body with the WHOOP 4.0. The tracker can slide into specialized compartments on the clothing and track areas such as the calf, torso, and waist.
- The WHOOP Body technology is available in two collections — training and intimate. These collections range in price from $54-110.
- The Training Collection features sports bras, compression tops, leggings, shorts, and athletic boxers. The Intimates Collection includes bralettes and everyday boxers.
Will Ahmed, WHOOP CEO and Founder: “I’ve been thinking about this technology for more than a decade, and I can promise you that this is the most innovative product we have ever released. We’ve always aspired to develop wearable technology that is either cool or invisible. With the launch of WHOOP 4.0 and WHOOP Body, we have accomplished both.”
WHOOP Body and the new, durable SuperKnit bands are only available in combination with WHOOP 4.0, but existing users will be the first to receive access to the new tracker free of charge. The new products will also be available for purchase for new healthcare, government, business, and athletics customers.
Bottom line: Now valued at $3.6 billion after a $200 million fundraising campaign, WHOOP is on a mission to expand the ways in which athletes can learn more about their bodies and strive to better recover. WHOOP 4.0 and the new Body line will only provide more insight while making the company a heavy-hitter in the industry.
Get the Newsletter
For a daily digest of all things CrossFit. Community, Competitions, Athletes, Tips, Recipes, Deals and more.
"*" indicates required fields