Reebok Pays Out $400K to Games Athletes
Reebok has concluded calculating and verifying bonus prize payouts for athletes who competed and won, or took second, in an event at the CrossFit Games while wearing a qualifying Reebok shoe. The total amounts to more than $400,000 across all divisions.
Remind me: A couple of weeks before the CrossFit Games, Reebok announced a bonus payout program for all divisions at the CrossFit Games that if an athlete won or took second on an event wearing a qualifying Reebok they would earn a bonus payout.
- Individual and Teams: $10,000 for first, $2,000 for second.
- All other divisions: $1,000 for fist, $500 for second.
One big thing: While the individual athletes had the highest potential earnings ($10,000 for first and $2,000 for second), the real winners were the team and age group divisions.
- The CrossFit Games doesn’t pay prize money to teens, who made a total of $24,500 as a result of the Reebok program.
- Teams also don’t win prize money for individual event wins. Reebok paid out $142,000, more than half of which went to CrossFit Mayhem for their seven event wins and two second place finishes.
- Masters athletes added another $73,000 to their take home.
Here’s the individual breakdown:
- M 14-15: $7,000.00
- M 16-17: $9,000.00
- Individual Men: $96,000.00
- Men’s Lower Extremity: $7,000.00
- Men’s Masters: $33,000.00
- Men’s Neuromuscular: $5,500.00
- Men’s Upper Extremity: $7,500.00
- Team: $ 142,000.00
- W 14-15 $5,500.00
- W 16-17 $3,000.00
- Women’s Individual $38,000.00
- Women’s Lower Extremity: $6,000.00
- Women’s Masters: $40,000.00
- Women’s Neuromuscular: $4,500.00
- Women’s Upper Extremity: $3,500.00
- Grand Total Earned $407,500.00