VIDEO: Why CrossFit Banned Russian Names and Flags From Competition | The Bottom Line
As the Russian military continues to invade Ukraine killing hundreds of civilians, CrossFit recently banned Russian and Belarusian flags and names from competitions. Morning Chalk Up’s Lauren Kalil sat down with Simon Chadwick, a Global Professor of Sport to breakdown CrossFit’s response and the humanitarian crisis that’s playing a huge part in sports around the world.
- 1:00 – Developments in international response within sports
- 2:50 – History of sporting bodies creating bans
- 5:00 – CrossFit’s ban on Russian and Belarusian names and flags
- 6:55 – What this means for Russian athletes like Roman Kroman Khrennikov
- 9:00 – What Russian and Belarusian athletes should do as the war continues
- 12:00 – The bottom line for sports involved in the geopolitical crisis