New CrossFit CEO Search “Kicked Off”
At an affiliate town hall last week, CrossFit’s president Jason Dunlop revealed CrossFit has begun the search for a new CEO and outlined for the first time what they’re looking for.
- Dunlop: “CrossFit is a business built around the coach with great leadership and stewardship, and those will be things we will be looking at really for the cultural fit for how we are going to evolve the business with them as the leader as CEO.”
- “Their commitment to CrossFit will be absolutely a must as we continue this search. But also, we will be looking for an individual that will be like everybody on this call, humble and continue with the growth mindset as we continue to transform lives globally.
- “And it will be underpinned completely with making sure the community and what we are at our heart at our strongest making sure to preserve the community and grow this together.”
Remind me: In early February, Eric Roza announced that he would be stepping down as CEO of CrossFit and moving to Chairman of the Board. Roza had been in the position for about a year-and-a-half after acquiring the company from founder Greg Glassman in the summer of 2020.
Who’s in charge right now: In the meantime, the senior leadership team appointed by Roza are in charge of key elements of the day to day operations:
- Jason Dunlop – President
- Erin Clift – Chief Marketing Officer
- Justin Bergh – General Manager of Sport
- Nicole Carroll – General Manager of Training and Education
- Gary Gaines – Global Head of Affiliates
- Jeremy Landis – Chief Technology Officer
- Andrew Weinstein – Head of Communications and Public Policy