VIDEO: What Happens to the Team Division if Rich Retires?
Rich Froning has teased that this could potentially be his last year competing on a team at the CrossFit Games. Of course — nothing with “retirement” in our sport is ever final, but it does raise questions as to where that leaves the team division when he does step away from the field.
Morning Chalk Up’s Lauren Kalil sits down with Chase Ingraham and Dex Hopkins to discuss how not just the team division changes but how the sport changes once Rich Froning retires.
- 0:42 – What Dex thinks about Froning in the team division as a past competitor
- 3:12 – Is the team division more or less interesting without Froning
- 5:48 – What would his retirement mean for Mayhem Freedom
- 7:33 – Will they take someone from the men’s individual field
- 10:55 – Does a Mayhem team stay at the top of the podium
- 12:13 – What happens if the women of Mayhem Freedom retire
- 16:28 – The bottom line
Get the Newsletter
For a daily digest of all things CrossFit. Community, Competitions, Athletes, Tips, Recipes, Deals and more.
"*" indicates required fields