How to Watch the 2022 Down Under Championship and Schedule
The next major off-season event is upon us and the whole gang has arrived in Australia. The Down Under Championship takes place November 18-20 at the Win Stadium in Wollongong, NSW, and a deep roster of over 350 men, women and teams are set to take the competition floor with a $125,000 AUD prize pool up for grabs.
The CrossFit licensed event is expecting many top-level athletes from around the world across elite individual, elite and intermediate team, adaptive, and masters divisions. A few notable names include:
- Lauren Fisher, Ro Scott and Maddie Sturt on the women’s individual side
- Jay Crouch and Jake Douglas on the men’s elite roster
- Downunder Dogs: Khan Porter, Matt Dlugos, Ricky Garard
- Men at Work: Chandler Smith, Noah Ohlsen, Saxon Panchik
- Team HSTL. Made: Royce Dunne, Jack Jeffery, Brandon Swan
Check out the leaderboard for the full roster.
Many have been looking forward to seeing training partners Tia-Clair Toomey-Orr and Brooke Wells team up with Ellie Turner. However, on November 16, Toomey-Orr announced on Instagram that the team had to withdraw, saying in part “This is obviously very devastating news and I’m incredibly sorry…I feel like I’m letting so many people down, including my team.”
The trio will still attend and be doing meet and greet events.
Schedule: Events will be streamed live on the Down Under Championship YouTube page, hosted on-site by Annie Sakamoto and Jeremy Austin on the mic. There’s seven tests for both teams and individuals, and you can view the workouts and schedule in your time zone on our official competition page.
On the ground: If you find yourself in the coastal city down under, grab your spectator tickets here (single day and three-day tickets available).
- Make a note of local gyms to drop-in to, or sign-up for a PRVN training session on-site
- Justin Mederios will be doing meet and greet sessions, courtesy of GOWOD, Friday through Sunday
- We also heard CrossFit CEO Don Faul will be in attendance
Stay tuned for our event recap after it all shakes out this weekend, and good luck mates!