Nerding Out on Semifinals: 12 Stats from North America East Individual Event 1
Now that Individual Event 1 is finished at the North America East Semifinals, we’ve gathered a set of numbers that led to some pretty interesting statistics on both the men’s and women’s side of competition.
Below are 12 of our favorite stats from Event 1 that you won’t find anywhere else:
- The average weight among the top 3 male finishers was 219lbs, while the average weight among the entire field is 199lbs. This shows that the heaviest athletes had an advantage in this event. “Mass moves mass”.
- The average weight among the top 3 female finishers was 165lbs, while the average weight among the entire field is 148lbs.
- 32 of the 60 men (53%) competed in Event 1 without a shirt.
- All but five men finished the event under the time cap, while only 10 total women finished under the time cap.
- Danielle Brandon’s winning time of 26:35 was topped by 22 athletes on the men’s side.
- Three athletes representing CrossFit Naples and Brute Strength Training finished in the top five of the event—Danielle Brandon, Emma Cary, and James Sprague.
- Five of the top ten women in the event are age 30+
- Amanda Fischer (30)
- Amanda Barnhart (31)
- Katelynn Sanders (30)
- Sarah Hogue (31)
- Allison Ralfs (30)
- Games veteran Brooke Wells took 16th place in the event. She needs to climb into the Top 11 to qualify to the CrossFit Games in 2023.
- Though Canadians earned two of the top three spots after Men’s Quarterfinals (Jeffrey Adler and Samuel Cournoyer), there were no Canadian athletes on either the men’s or the women’s sides that finished in the top three of this event.
- This was Saxon Panchik’s lowest ever finish in a Semifinals test (32nd). His previous low was in event 5 of last year’s Mid Atlantic Crossfit Challenge (11th)
- This was Emma Lawson’s lowest event finish (7th) since 2021 Semifinals at the Atlas Games where she had a 24th and 9th finish. At last year’s Semifinal, she finished 6th or better in every event.
- Jayson Hopper won the fourth Semifinals event of his career with his time of 22:18.87.
With all of this madness happening in Event 1, we can’t wait to see what happens the rest of the weekend. Keep your eyes out for more numbers from the remaining five events in the articles to come. 🤓