Three Invictus Teams Head into the Final Two Workouts in Qualifying Positions
While Invictus has long been revered as one of the most dominant camps in both the team and individual competition, this weekend they have their eyes on a new record.
One big thing: Headed into the final workouts, CrossFit Invictus has the opportunity to send three teams to the CrossFit Games from North America West.
|CrossFit Invictus||CrossFit Invictus Unconquerable||CrossFit Invictus Sea of Green|
|Brittany Weiss||Jessica Smith||Lauren Stallwood|
|Devyn Kim||Emily Rethwill||Kelsey Schulte|
|Joshua Al-chamaa||Eric Carmody||Lalo Torres|
|Jorge Fernandez||Tyler Soderback||Sean Early|
While Invictus has sent three teams to the Games before, including having three teams at the 2019 CrossFit Games (Invictus Boston, CrossFit Invictus, and Invictus X), they have never qualified all three teams out of one region. However, The new and unprecedented ten qualifying spots up for grabs out of North America West might allow them to change that.
- CrossFit Invictus sits in first, 15 points ahead of CrossFit Franco’s Misfits, heading into Test 5 of six tests.
- They are closely followed by CrossFit Invictus Unconquerable in fifth and Invictus Sea of Green in 6th.
- All three teams are currently a minimum of 54 points inside the cutline.
The heart of the community: While CrossFit Invictus and CrossFit Invictus Unconquerable both feature athletes who train full-time or partially full-time, the Invictus’ Sea of Green team is a little different.
According to their CrossFit Games bio:
- “The Sea of Green is comprised of our San Diego-based gym members who come to our regularly scheduled group coaching sessions to improve their health and fitness every day. These are not professional athletes, but they are the heartbeat of our community…the people who make time to train hard and improve themselves despite the demands of work and family. This group is the ultimate representation of what CrossFit is all about…learning new skills and improving capacity that can be applied to all fitness endeavors.”
While the team space in CrossFit has become increasingly dominated by teams of professional athletes, Invictus’ Sea of Green provides a unique and refreshing homage to the beginning days of the affiliate cup.
The individual side: Beyond their three teams, Invictus also has a handful of individuals competing this weekend.
- Chandler Smith sits comfortably within the qualifying line in fourth.
- Dani Speegle, Allison Weiss, and Jenn Ryan are also representing CrossFit Invictus this weekend in the individual women’s division.
The big picture: While two tests still remain, all three Invictus teams sit comfortably inside the qualifying line set to continue Invictus’s dominant legacy in the sport of fitness.