Reebok and Rich Froning Announce the Nano X3 Froning, A Shoe Built for Training and Lifestyle
Reebok and longtime partner and CrossFit legend Rich Froning have announced their latest footwear collaboration, the Nano X3 Froning, a shoe built for both training and lifestyle.
The details: The shoe, a version of the brand’s award-winning Nano X3, will be available at Reebok and select retailers in unisex sizes on August 18 for $150 USD.
Taking inspiration from past Nano Froning iterations, the Nano X3 Froning re-introduces a bootie, slip-on-style upper construction, a feature loved by Froning and Nano Froning fans alike:
- “The design process of each new Nano Froning iteration is a true partnership with Rich. The bootie-style construction has always been a favorite feature for Rich and the training community. We heard their feedback and knew we had to bring it back!” said Reebok shoe designer Tal Short.
- According to Froning, the bootie construction “allows for a premium fit in the box and the ultimate style and comfort for all-day wear.”
And comfort is key for the Nano X3 Froning, designed to support athletes in and out of the gym.
- “Like the evolution of the sport, and Rich’s impact within it, the Nano Froning has evolved with it. Each season we work to create a Froning model that provides premium performance support for CrossFit’s biggest legend,” Short said.
- “And at the same time, Rich and his fellow athletes are now using their Nanos on more occasions inside and outside of the gym, so, we’ve worked to put an emphasis on comfort and style as well.”
Other features of the shoe include a speed lacing system with a toggle lock designed to provide a custom fit, Lift and Run midsole technology that allows for stability when lifting and cushioning when running and jumping, and a nod to Froning’s three pillars of life, Faith, Family, and Fitness, in the heel foam pockets and sock liner.
Recognizing Froning’s Legacy: The Nano X3 Froning marks the fifth shoe Froning and Reebok have collaborated on (the last a race car-inspired Nano X2). Froning has represented Reebok for years, becoming one of their most successful athletes. This long-lasting partnership–along with Froning’s legacy in CrossFit–was not lost on Short and is given subtle nods through design.
- The shoe brings in design features from vintage Reebok styles, sporting a retro aesthetic that Short says is a shout-out to the OGs and a nod to Froning’s legacy.
- Short adds: it’s “a nod to where we’ve been as we continue to go forward.”