Oceania CrossFit Affiliate Summit to be Held at WIN Entertainment Centre before Down Under Championship
The Oceania CrossFit Affiliate Summit is set to return on November 30, the day before Australia’s largest off-season CrossFit event, the Down Under Championship, in Wollongong, Australia.
Lily Free, Australia’s CrossFit Country Manager, is keen to build on the success of last year’s Oceania CrossFit Affiliate Summit as she explains:
- “This year we’re trying to provide value to the affiliate owners (at the summit) and we’ll be providing opportunities for them to learn,” she said.
- ‘We’ve got four different speakers that will be adding value to the affiliate owners.”
Guest speakers at the Oceania CrossFit Affiliate Summit include:
- Shane Orr and Dwight Upshaw from PRVN Fitness, who will discuss how programming can positively influence the culture and community in your box.
- Adam Barbaro from Box Jump Brands, who will educate attendees on how to maximize social media content and how to add value, boost membership and keep your gym profitable.
- Rob Noy from BirdBox, who will share insight into understanding yourself as a coach and exploring the psychosocial elements of coaching.
- Kate Gordon from CF Kate Nutrition, who will discuss nutrition for affiliates and provide advice on how affiliate owners can implement nutrition strategies in their gym, and make money from it.
Other events that are planned for the Oceania CrossFit Affiliate Summit include:
- A panel discussion hosted by Alphafit that will focus on the future of CrossFit. Panelists will include a long-term affiliate owner (10+ years), a representative for the sport of CrossFit, an Alphafit representative, and a representative from CrossFit HQ.
- A roundtable discussion facilitated by CrossFit HQ. This will involve formatted discussion questions where delegates are on a round table with other affiliate owners. It’s an opportunity for sharing ideas and problems and coming up with solutions.
- “We often get the best feedback on that piece,” shares Free.
The bottom line: The Oceania CrossFit Affiliate Summit is a chance for affiliate owners to interact with industry professionals, build connections and enhance their businesses.
- “For CrossFit to be successful, the most important thing is for affiliates to be successful,” reflects Free.
The event is free and is open to all affiliate owners, not just those based in Australia. If you’re an affiliate owner heading to the Down Under Championship, it’s not too late to secure your spot at the Oceania CrossFit Affiliate Summit.