For the third consecutive weekend, CrossFit Games fans will be treated to Sanctionals competition as the CrossFit Fittest in Cape Town starts Wednesday, January 30th, and will run four full days of competition until Saturday, February 2nd.
When the dust settles in South Africa, another trio of invites to the 2019 CrossFit Games will be awarded to the male, female, and team champion.
Here’s how you can watch the Fittest Man in South Africa Jason Smith, Cole Sager, Katrin Davidsdottir, and a host of other Games athletes, and stay up to date on all the news and results once the action gets under way in Cape Town.
The CrossFit Fittest in Cape Town will provide a basic livestream of the event and will be accessible on their website. Commentary will be provided by the event for final heats. Keep in mind this is the first year FiCT is doing a livestream.
- Event Website: https://fittestincapetown.com
Events for the CrossFit Fittest in Cape Town will take place during the following times off-site on Wednesday and Thursday, and at the Green Point Athlete Stadium Friday and Saturday:
- Wednesday, January 30th: 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM GMT +2 (3:00 AM – 6:00 AM PT)
- Thursday, January 31st: 7:00 AM – 5:00 PM GMT +2 (Wednesday, 9:00 PM – Thursday, 7:00 AM PT)
- Friday, February 1st: 8:00 AM – 7:30 PM GMT +2 (Thursday 10:00 PM – Friday 9:30 AM PT)
- Saturday, February 2nd: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM GMT +2 (Friday 10:30 PM – Saturday 7:00 AM PT)
If for some reason you can’t catch the livestream, or you just prefer to get your updates via social media, then you can get curated news and updates from the event via their social outlets, website, and the CrossFit Games social media.
- Leaderboard: https://fittestincapetown.com/leaderboard
- Instagram: @fittestincapetown
- Twitter: @fittestinct
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fittestincapetown/
- CrossFit Games Instagram: @crossfitgames
The Morning Chalk Up will also be providing the usual updates and recaps on the competition as well through Instagram, Facebook, the new Games Portal, and the daily edition which you can subscribe to here.