The 2020 CrossFit Games season is shaping up to be a massive expansion in terms of length and number of events, with 24 Sanctionals spanning from November 2019 through June 2020. There are 15 this season.
- CrossFit’s CEO Jeff Cain: “The CrossFit Sanctionals provide greater opportunities for athletes, sponsors, and fans to participate in, and to attend, competitive CrossFit events around the globe all the while preserving the individual and regional character of local events.”
Added to the list, are:
- Norwegian CrossFit Championship in Gol, Norway.
- CrossFit German Throwdown in Mainz, Germany.
- ELFIT CrossFit Championship in Hurghada, Egypt.
- Asbury Park Summer Games in Asbury Park, New Jersey.
- This brings the total to 24 events so far next year as long as all current Sanctionals renew their contracts.
How will qualification be handled in the 2019-2020 Games season?
- Very similar to this year, most importantly it appears that worldwide Open leaderboard placement will remain. “The final field of athletes at the Games will include National Champions from the Open, top athletes from the worldwide Open leaderboard, at-large invitees, and winners from Sanctionals competitions.”
The 2020 Season so far: This is what we have confirmed for upcoming dates and months for competitions for the 2019-2020 season. The full Sanctionals calendar will be released next month which means the season will be fairly well cemented in at that point. Start booking those flights.
- October 2019: The 2019 – 2020 CrossFit Games Open
- November 22 – 24: Filthy150 (Dublin, Ireland)
- November 30 – December 2: SouthFit CrossFit Challenge (Buenos Aires, Argentina)
- December 2019: Dubai CrossFit Championship (Dubai, UAE)
- December 2019: Pandaland CrossFit Challenge (Chengdu, China)
- February 14 – 16, 2020: Norwegian CrossFit Championship (Gol, Norway)
- February 20 – 23, 2020: Wodapalooza CrossFit Festival (Miami, FL)
- March 2020: CrossFit West Coast Classic (Del Mar, CA)
- March 2020: CrossFit Atlas Games (Quebec, Canada)
- End of March 2020: CrossFit German Throwdown (Mainz, Germany)
- April 2020: ELFIT CrossFit Championship (Hurghada, Egypt)
- June 2020: Canada West Games (Vancouver, Canada)
- June 20-21, 2020: Asbury Park Summer Games (Asbury Park, NJ)
- August 2020: CrossFit Games (Madison, WI)
Get The Newsletter
For a daily Digest of all things CrossFit. Community, Athletes, Tips, Recipes, Deals and more.
The 2020 CrossFit Games season continues to add members to it’s ranks, as three more sanctioned events were…