Top 20 Female Invites Leap Six Spots on Leaderboard
It seems like every couple of days, there is another shakeup to the CrossFit Games roster. At this point, it only takes one athlete qualifying through a Sanctional or declining an invitation to cause a ripple effect across the leaderboard.
- Add these names to the Games roster: Colleen Fotsch (33), Courtney Haley (35), Thuri Helgadottir (36) and Cheryl Nasso (38).
How we got there. Four spots opened up on the leaderboard over the past few days.
- Tasia Percevecz declined to compete on Mayhem Freedom.
- Kristi Eramo declined her invite.
- Chantelle Loehner will probably lose her spot after her B sample comes back. We’re not ones to put the cart before the horse, but to our knowledge, no B sample has ever come back negative in CrossFit. Invictus recognizes this reality which is why they’re fielding Hayley Murillo and heading to Brazil CrossFit Championship to earn another spot.
- Alexis Johnson will probably decline her invite to compete on Team MisFit especially now that they’ll likely receive the invite from their second place finish at MACC if Invictus X is disqualified.
The ladies’ blue line cut off right at Haley Adams in 32nd. Now it drops all the way down to 38th.
- 33: Colleen Fotsch (top 20)
- 34: Jule Nielsen (Fittest in Denmark)
- 35: Courtney Haley (top 20)
- 36: Thuri Helgadottir (top 20)
- 37: Jessica Coughlan (Team with Project X)
- 38: Cheryl Nasso (top 20)
How this will affect Sanctionals invites:
- Strength in Depth: Should go to 8th place Emma Tall. This assumes that Jessica Griffith (5th) will remain with team ROMWOD/WIT. We expect this to happen.
- Wodapalooza: Will go to 9th placed Taylor Streid.