The big story: Late last week, CrossFit Invictus newcomer Chantelle Loehner announced that CrossFit informed her she tested positive for a banned substance at the Mid-Atlantic CrossFit Challenge. Invictus X won the April Sanctional and secured themselves an invite to the CrossFit Games.
Invictus X has brought on Hayley Murillo to replace Chantelle Loehner and is scheduled to compete at the Brazil CrossFit Championship hoping to earn another invite to the CrossFit Games.
- If Loehner’s B sample comes back positive, Invictus’ win at the Mid-Atlantic Sanctional will be invalidated and Team MisFit — Travis Williams, Roy Gamboa, Jenn Smith and Alexis Johnson — will receive the invite. MisFit is currently scheduled to compete at the Rogue Invitational along with Mayhem Freedom and Invictus Boston.
- Historically, B sample requests don’t usually end in the athlete’s favor.At best, testing positive for a banned substance results in a two-year ban from competition; at worst, it’s a four-year ban.
- Invictus is wasting no time putting a new team together to make another run at qualifying. It will likely be another few weeks before Loehner’s B sample results are confirmed and a conclusion is reached.
- Invictus X is heading down to Brazil next week to compete at the Brazil CrossFit Championship. They’ve tapped Hayley Murillo to replace Chantelle Loehner.
Going all in: Invictus teams have competed in nearly every Sanctional this season.
- Dubai CrossFit Championship: Where Invictus Grown Strong earned their first invite. Invictus X took seventh.
- Wodapalooza: Invictus fielded three teams with Grown Strong finishing second, Invictus X finished seventh, and Boston in ninth.
- Mid-Atlantic CrossFit Challenge: Invictus X finished first.
- Asia CrossFit Championship: Invictus Grown Strong finished second.
- Reykjavik CrossFit Championship: Invictus Boston finished second.
- Invictus X and Invictus Boston are scheduled to compete at Brazil CrossFit Championship and Rogue Invitational, respectively, on the same weekend.
Get The Newsletter
For a daily Digest of all things CrossFit. Community, Athletes, Tips, Recipes, Deals and more.