The big story: Late last week, CrossFit Invictus newcomer Chantelle Loehner announced that CrossFit informed her she tested positive for a banned substance at the Mid-Atlantic CrossFit Challenge. Invictus X won the April Sanctional and secured themselves an invite to the CrossFit Games.
Invictus X has brought on Hayley Murillo to replace Chantelle Loehner and is scheduled to compete at the Brazil CrossFit Championship hoping to earn another invite to the CrossFit Games.
- If Loehner’s B sample comes back positive, Invictus’ win at the Mid-Atlantic Sanctional will be invalidated and Team MisFit — Travis Williams, Roy Gamboa, Jenn Smith and Alexis Johnson — will receive the invite. MisFit is currently scheduled to compete at the Rogue Invitational along with Mayhem Freedom and Invictus Boston.
- Historically, B sample requests don’t usually end in the athlete’s favor.At best, testing positive for a banned substance results in a two-year ban from competition; at worst, it’s a four-year ban.
- Invictus is wasting no time putting a new team together to make another run at qualifying. It will likely be another few weeks before Loehner’s B sample results are confirmed and a conclusion is reached.
- Invictus X is heading down to Brazil next week to compete at the Brazil CrossFit Championship. They’ve tapped Hayley Murillo to replace Chantelle Loehner.
Going all in: Invictus teams have competed in nearly every Sanctional this season.
- Dubai CrossFit Championship: Where Invictus Grown Strong earned their first invite. Invictus X took seventh.
- Wodapalooza: Invictus fielded three teams with Grown Strong finishing second, Invictus X finished seventh, and Boston in ninth.
- Mid-Atlantic CrossFit Challenge: Invictus X finished first.
- Asia CrossFit Championship: Invictus Grown Strong finished second.
- Reykjavik CrossFit Championship: Invictus Boston finished second.
- Invictus X and Invictus Boston are scheduled to compete at Brazil CrossFit Championship and Rogue Invitational, respectively, on the same weekend.
Get The Newsletter
For a daily Digest of all things CrossFit. Community, Athletes, Tips, Recipes, Deals and more.
Battle Cancer has been busy. Last May, they toured Los Angeles for 20 days, dropping in at boxes to WOD…