CrossFit Announces Summit for 10+ Year Affiliate Owners
Monday night, in the Email of the Day, CrossFit announced it is planning a get-together for all affiliates that have been open for more than ten years. The summit will take place in September in Whistler, British Columbia.
- Beginning in 2009: “The fitness industry was dominated by globo gyms, exercise fads, and an oversubscription business model where no one was getting fit. Sport and health sciences were subjugated by two wholly corrupt professional organizations masquerading as academic disciplines.”
- A Celebration of Lifeboats: “In order to understand, honor, and celebrate the extraordinary changes that have taken place in fitness and health over the past 10 years, CrossFit, Inc., has invited all 10-year (and older) affiliates to join us at a special event in their honor this September in Whistler, British Columbia.”
- What They’ll Do: “We intend to listen, to learn, and to take pride in what they have achieved, individually and collectively. We’ll take stock, celebrate, and lay the groundwork for the next 10 years, for our greatest challenges and achievements stand before us.”
Stat de jure: There are now more than 800 ten-year plus affiliates.
What they’re saying:
- CJ Martin, CrossFit Invictus in San Diego, CA: “Sounds like an awesome opportunity to swap war stories, share information and learn from other owners. Surviving 10 years as a business owner in any industry is impressive, so any chance to chop it up with a group who has done so is exciting.”
- Craig Howard, Diablo CrossFit in Pleasant Hill, CA: “I’m excited for the opportunity to offer input to the future of CrossFit and grateful to be recognized by CrossFit for our continuing commitment. Whistler is gorgeous. The affiliate landscape is changing. Global expansion is fantastic but veteran affiliates have challenges that are much different than new affiliates. CrossFit needs to hear our thoughts, concerns and success stories. Every time I get together with my affiliate peers, I gain valuable knowledge and affirmation, and the 10 year gathering is a great way to get us re-energized and sharing experiences.”
- Benjamin Norman, CrossFit Adelaide in Welland, Australia: “Tickets booked, super excited to be making the trek from Oz for this.”
Heads up: Some affiliates said they didn’t receive an email. If that’s you, request info by emailing [email protected]