It’s been an atypical start to the CrossFit Games as only one barbell has shown up at the CrossFit Games after six events in three days.
Athletes expressed frustration over using a sprint specialty event to cut the field to ten athletes for the remainder of the competition.
- BK Gudmundsson: “It’s brutal that they’re cutting down to 10 now. First event Saturday, that’s f***ed. And to make it on a sprint event, so much can go wrong.”
- Patrick Vellner: “I think it should be top 20 until the end of today then cut to 10 for the last day…a lot depends on the order of events. If your best event came up just now, you make it into the top 10 and you’re safe for five more events with no cuts.”
- James Newbury: “I think it could have been done different.”
Who didn’t make the cut:
- Women: Danielle Brandon, Annie Thorisdottir, Carolyne Prevost, Alessandra Pichelli, Laura Horvath, Brooke Wells, Carol-Ann Reason-Thibault, Samantha Briggs, Emily Rolfe, and Sara Sigmundsdottir.
- Men: Cole Sager, Travis Mayer, Sam Kwant, Logan Collins, Chandler Smith, Patrick Vellner, Lukas Hogberg, Joshua Wichtrup, Elliot Simmonds, and Casper Gammelmark.
Coming up tonight:
- Event 7 @ 1:30 PM CDT
- Event 8 @ 2:45 PM CDT
- You can access a schedule in your time zone on Morningchalkup.com.
- Watch live on YouTube.
1 pegboard ascent
10 DB hang split snatches (55 | 80 lb.)
10 DB hang clean and jerks (55 | 80 lb.)
Time cap: 20 minutes
Individual Event 8 – Clean
*Tiebreak with 5 reps for time
Women: 215-220-225-230-235-240-245-250-255-260 lb. with 195 lb. tiebreak
Men: 315-325-335-345-355-365-370-375-380-385 with 295 lb. tiebreak
Athletes will lift in groups, with the weight increasing each round. Each round, those who fail the lift will race through 5 reps at the tiebreak bar.