Fittest in Cape Town, West Coast Qualifiers Announced
The 2019-2020 CrossFit Games season has unofficially kicked off with the release of the International Online Qualifier event 1 on Monday evening. If you haven’t been paying attention, the International Online Qualifier (IOQ) is a single online qualifier for four Sanctionals: Filthy150, Wodapalooza, Atlas Games and SouthFit CrossFit Challenge.
- More on this: “International Qualifier Coalition Forms to Unify Sanctionals Season”
- Full 2019-2020 Games season calendar.
Fittest in Cape Town changes:
- There will be 30 male, 30 female and 30 elite teams.
- They are also adding a single-day community team event, and two-day competition categories for 15-17-year-old teens and a 40+ masters division.
- FiCT continues the trend of Sanctionals not using wildcard invites.
How to qualify:
- Champions of FiCT 2019 will receive direct invites to compete in 2020.
- Top 10 male and female athletes and top 5 teams from the 2019 CrossFit Games will receive automatic invites. There will be no backfilling.
- The top 10 male and female athletes from the 2019-2020 Open will receive automatic qualification. There will be no backfilling.
- Athletes must register before the start of FiCT’s online qualifier otherwise their spot is forfeited.
- All remaining spots (teams and individuals) will be filled from their online qualifier from November 22 – December 2, 2019.
Another important update: According to an Instagram post, West Coast Classic is going to be using the Open as their qualifier, joining seven other Sanctionals. More than 1/4th of all Sanctionals will use the Open in the 2019-2020 season.