International Qualifier Coalition Forms to Unify Sanctionals Season
On the heels of our report last week of more streamlined changes to the Sanctionals qualification process next year, more good news was just announced for elite athletes competing next year.
The CrossFit Filthy 150, Wodapalooza, and the CrossFit Atlas Games have just announced the creation of the International Online Qualifier that will serve as a single online qualifier where athletes can earn entry for all three events at once.
A massive step towards Sanctionals streamlining the qualification process on their own terms, and signals towards a more collaborative effort amongst events to improve the season as a whole. Three separate events in three different countries working together is a good sign for future developments.
Reading between the lines: As Wodapalooza is only one of four events owned and operated by Loud and Live Sports, it wouldn’t come as a surprise if the other four are added to the list in the coming weeks which would bring the total to six.
The Dates: The qualifier will be three weeks with workouts announced Wednesday and submissions due Monday.
- August 21 – 26
- August 28 – September 2
- September 4 – 9
The key takeaway: Athletes will only do one qualifier for all three competitions.
- Jamie Lawlor, Filthy 150 Event Director: “We did this primarily to give athletes a more streamlined entry into events they want to compete in next season. We’re trying to make this process as easy as possible for athletes.”
- During registration athletes pre-select which of the events they want to register for in any combination they choose, and can only qualify for the events which they select.
- Programming for the qualifier workouts will be a collaboration between the three events.
- Registration opens July 1st.
- “How We Would Fix The System (OPINION)”
- “Sanctionals Qualification, We Need a Better Process (OPINION)”