Key Takeaways from the NCFit Collective Summit
This weekend, about 60 affiliate owners gathered in Northern California for the NCFit Collective Summit. The two-day conference was focused on equipping gym owners with tools to become better business owners and designed to push them to think outside the box.
Key takeaway: The resounding chorus just appreciated being treated like business owners instead of just gym owners, and the opportunity to network with other like-minded owners was huge.
- The event kicked off Friday evening with a happy hour, then Saturday with a 60-75 minute 4-mile ruck in the Santa Cruz mountains, followed by a day and a half of discussions and hands-on workshops.
- The passion for getting serious about building better and stronger businesses was palpable.
- This was also as much a hands-on workshop as a social event, with two workouts programmed to instruct class management and process.
- Dr. Kelly Starrett, Founder of The Ready State
- Patrick Yumul, The Mina Group
- Jason Khalipa
- Ec Synkowski, Optimize Nutrition
Some topics of discussion:
- How to hire better coaches for your gym.
- Training a professional staff.
- Treating your gym as a business not a hobby.
- Finance issues like leasing, membership types and discounts.
- Better selection of locations, zoning requirements and utilizing off hours to maximize profitability.
- How to offer nutrition services at your affiliate.
Attendees were also generously supplied with ruck bags, Rx Smart Gear jump ropes, Reebok shoes, hygiene products from Huron.