This weekend, about 60 affiliate owners gathered in Northern California for the NCFit Collective Summit. The two-day conference was focused on equipping gym owners with tools to become better business owners and designed to push them to think outside the box.
Key takeaway: The resounding chorus just appreciated being treated like business owners instead of just gym owners, and the opportunity to network with other like-minded owners was huge.
- The event kicked off Friday evening with a happy hour, then Saturday with a 60-75 minute 4-mile ruck in the Santa Cruz mountains, followed by a day and a half of discussions and hands-on workshops.
- The passion for getting serious about building better and stronger businesses was palpable.
- This was also as much a hands-on workshop as a social event, with two workouts programmed to instruct class management and process.
- Dr. Kelly Starrett, Founder of The Ready State
- Patrick Yumul, The Mina Group
- Jason Khalipa
- Ec Synkowski, Optimize Nutrition
Some topics of discussion:
- How to hire better coaches for your gym.
- Training a professional staff.
- Treating your gym as a business not a hobby.
- Finance issues like leasing, membership types and discounts.
- Better selection of locations, zoning requirements and utilizing off hours to maximize profitability.
- How to offer nutrition services at your affiliate.
Attendees were also generously supplied with ruck bags, Rx Smart Gear jump ropes, Reebok shoes, hygiene products from Huron.
Get The Newsletter
For a daily Digest of all things CrossFit. Community, Athletes, Tips, Recipes, Deals and more.