A Fresh Cup of Fitness and Open Gym Spearhead New Podcast Network
A few months ago, the Morning Chalk Up soft-launched a new podcast network and now we are ready to make it official. With two new episodes every week, we are helping improve your commute or fill your airwaves at any time.
- A Fresh Cup of Fitness: Jessica Danger, a college English professor, writer, editor, and all-around [email protected] mama, and Brittany Marsh, a CrossFit Level Two coach, address mindset, health, nutrition and fitness every Thursday.
- Topics: They started things off on October 7, 2019 with an episode on surviving a weight cut, and since then have interviewed “Drop-In” Doc, Adam Schulte, Sanctionals athlete, Amanda Hardeman and tackled topics from imposter syndrome and goal-setting to body image and keeping your nutrition on track while traveling.
- What people are saying: With 12 episodes already available, the response has been overwhelmingly positive. A Fresh Cup of Fitness has a 4.5 out of 5 rating on Apple Podcasts. One reviewer wrote: “I love how easy the girls are to listen to, they jive so well; and I so appreciate how they are raw, candid and thoughtful.”
Building on that success, we added a second series, this one helmed by Patrick Cummings, the producer and co-host of the Chasing Excellence podcast with Ben Bergeron. Cummings was one of the founders of Again Faster equipment and after parting ways with the company in 2015, started a consulting firm called Functional Branding to help CrossFit affiliates elevate their marketing.
- Open Gym: Already six episodes in, Cummings offers a weekly interview, released every Tuesday, focusing on various aspects of running a gym or business in the fitness world. Should more gyms cater to women specifically? Why is embracing diversity good for business? What does it mean to curate a professional culture? Tune in to find out.
- Early reviews: With a 5.0 out of 5 rating, it’s safe to say that people are enjoying Open Gym’s insights. One reviewer commented: “Even if you aren’t a coach, gym owner, or competitive exerciser this is good stuff. Patrick Cummings finds the story, the excellent, and the interesting in every interview.”
Keep your eyes and ears open as these podcasts update weekly. And don’t forget to give them reviews and ratings. How to listen:
- The Morning Chalk Up podcasts are available on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Google Play, Spotify, or wherever you listen to podcasts.