The Definitive List of CrossFit Community Podcasts
Since the creation of the iPod, podcasts have become an increasingly popular part of daily life for millions of people. The Joe Rogan Podcast, Armchair Expert, Is We Dumb? and My Brother, My Brother & Me are all examples of shows covering a variety of topics. There are also a multitude of options for fitness enthusiasts.
One big thing: CrossFit is immensely popular, and the availability of podcasts about the topic — and fitness in general — reflect this fact. There are shows that cover serious topics, others that focus on nutrition, and some that combine pop culture with functional fitness. Here is a list of shows you should know.
(Note: There are hundreds of shows that cover CrossFit and functional fitness. The following list focuses on podcasts that have been active in the past few months, and was last updated November 19, 2021. If there is a podcast missing, please let us know.)
Shows Discussing the CrossFit Games:
- Talking Elite Fitness – Hosted by Tommy Marquez and Sean Woodland, Talking Elite Fitness provides everything from serious interviews to intense debates about the best Christmas songs and whether to wear flannel at farmers’ markets.
- Get With the Programming – Hosted by CrossFit commentators/affiliate owners Chase Ingraham and Bill Grundler, this show looks back at the history of CrossFit events and analyzes whether they were a true test of fitness.
- The Blues City CrossFit Show – CrossFit podcast hosted by Taylor Streid, Stephen Wallace, Matt Dettmann, and Teddy Williams. The Blues City CrossFit Show covers a wide variety of topics, including college athletics and CrossFit, Ricky Garard, and the role of coach.
- CrossFit Games Podcast – A newer addition to the space, the CrossFit Games Podcast features Chase Ingraham and Dave Castro as they conduct interviews with everyone from Danielle Brandon to Ricky Garard.
- Froning and Friends – Rich Froning Jr. sits down with key members of the CrossFit Mayhem family roughly once a month to discuss fitness, hunting, Topo Chico, and the CrossFit season. Certain Sunday episodes serve as devotionals that cover specific books and chapters from the Bible.
- The Sevan Podcast – A show created by Sevan Matossian, The Sevan Podcast features the content creator and analyst/content creator Brian Friend as they conduct candid interviews with a multitude of athletes and special guests.
- WODCast Podcast – Originally a show hosted by Armen Hammer, Scott McGee, and comedian Eddie Ifft, the WODCast Podcast now features Ifft as the sole figure. He interviews some of the most elite people in the sport, including Justin Medeiros and Eric Roza.
- Coffee, Pods & WODs – This weekly podcast prominently features personalities from the world of CrossFit and conversations about competitions, but episodes also touch on other topics. A recent example is an episode about triathlons.
- Clydesdale Fitness and Friends – Scott Switzer, Cat Scherer, Charlie Otey, and Amy Rudawsky take deep dives into the CrossFit Games and the biggest names in the sport. They interview a wide variety of personalities, including Matt Chan and Emily Rolfe.
- Europe is Coming – Dedicated to talking to the best European CrossFit athletes and the people behind them. A Progrm production hosted by Vicki McLeod and Jon Singleton.
- Brute Strength Podcast – Host Micah Shoemaker interviews some of the sharpest minds in the fitness space to explore strategies for CrossFit training, competing and well being.
Shows Highlighting the Community and a Wide Variety of Topics:
- Kettlebells & Cocktails, Scale and Bail Podcast, The Alec Dani John Podcast – The man behind Make WODs Great Again is a prolific podcaster. John Wooley has three shows featuring a variety of guests. He co-hosts one with Nicole Brazier and another with Ben Dziwulski. The third features Dani Speegle and Alec Smith.
- Between the Reps – Brooke Ence and Jeanna Cianciarulo joined forces and created a podcast that discusses fitness, fashion, relationships, life, and a multitude of other topics. Many of the episodes are very adult-oriented.
- Wex Appeal Podcast – Much like Talking Elite Fitness, the Wex Appeal podcast combines fitness with a love of pop culture and a wide variety of guests. Emcee Stephen Wexler is the host, and he puts his unique personality on full display.
- BarBend Podcast – David Thomas Tao, the co-founder and editor of BarBend, sits down each week and interviews some massive names from the fitness industry. He covers CrossFit, strength training, journalism, Olympic training, and several other topics.
- Women Make Waves – A creation of NCFIT, Women Make Waves features hosts Lindsey and Arielle as they highlight female coaches, athletes, entrepreneurs, and other important figures.
- The Intro with MDV – Another part of the NCFIT family, The Intro with MDV features host Matt DellaValle as he speaks to influential people in the fitness world. Some of his episodes have featured James Hobart, Carleen Mathews, Heather Bergeron, and Ra of Earth (formerly Ronnie Teasdale).
- The Big Red Express Podcast – Robbie Vogler uses The Big Red Express Podcast to talk about a multitude of sports. He focuses heavily on CrossFit but also includes episodes about the NFL, the PGA Tour, and WWE.
- The Gainz – A new creation from The Gainz Box, this podcast covers a wide variety of fitness topics. Host Leah Messinger talks to guests about nutrition, mindset, training, supplements, and businesses.
- Power Monkey Podcast – Hosted by David Durante (Olympic Team Member) and Chad Vaughn (Olympian Weightlifter) two of the lead coaches at Power Monkey Camp, who chat with “the best in the world about what they do”. They interview CrossFit coaches, athletes, and experts surrounding nutrition, mindset, breathwork, and programming.
- Conquer Athlete Podcast – Hosted by Jason Leydon (founder of Conquer Athlete). He brings in coaches for round tables, talks with experts in the CrossFit and Fitness Space, Games Athletes, etc.
- BuaCast from CrossFit Bua – Coaches James & Jamie chat with various guests on topics that are important to the members of Bua; leadership, reaching your potential, going from client to coach, the story of CrossFit Bua, and more.
- Plate Stack Chat – Informal, occasionally informative, but always entertaining discussions on topics important and of interest to the CrossFit and Fitness community.
- Move Fast Life Heavy Podcast – Move Fast Lift Heavy started as a call to action in the gymnasium. “Always be prepared to Move Fast Lift Heavy”. Hosted by Christian Harris, MFLH podcast digs into topics of business, fitness, and culture.
- GymOS Podcast – With this podcast, PushPress aspires to help gym owners build better businesses one episode at a time.
- CrossFit Lady Podcast – This one is for CrossFit women over the age of 50. Host Leda Peterson was looking for a program that she could relate to as an older, female, CF athlete that was down-to-earth, supportive, and that would relay key aspects of the CF methodology. Since she was unable to find one for herself, she decided to start one! Available on Apple Podcast and Spotify.
Shows Discussing Nutrition & Health:
- Varied Not Random – The creation of Pat Sherwood and Adrian “Boz” Bozman, Varied Not Random covers nutrition, training, lifting styles, and coaching among many other topics.
- Mastering Nutrition – Proper nutrition for training and a healthy life is an important topic for fitness enthusiasts around the world. Chris Masterjohn, PhD uses Mastering Nutrition to provide critical information and show how listeners can apply it to their lives.
- Afternoon Snack – The “functional nutrition” podcast. Hosts Meredith Root and Alex Parker talk all things CrossFit, nutrition, health, fitness, and life.
- The Consistency Project – Simplifying nutrition, health, and wellbeing by breaking down the concepts and actions we can all take to live fuller, more functional lives. From EC Synkowski, founder of OptimizeMe Nutrition, and one of the women featured in our article: 14 Women Making Waves in CrossFit.
- Linchpin Conversations – Hosted by Pat Sherwood, owner of CrossFit Linchpin and long-time employee of CrossFit LLC. Linchpin Conversations covers health, fitness, personal development and random musings regarding life.
- Pursuing Health – Four-time CrossFit Games competitor Julie Foucher MD, MS uses Pursuing Health to bridge the gap between fitness and medicine. Her goal is to help listeners live a healthier life and overcome challenges.
- Health for Fitness – Host Heather Walsh does not focus only on CrossFit or any other single part of the fitness industry. She covers coaching, nutrition, mindset, and a wide variety of topics.
- The Active Life Podcast – Dr. Sean Pastuch uses The Active Life Podcast to simplify health and human performance. He interviews dozens of guests while discussing healthcare, inclusion, diet, and managing money. Certain episodes discuss making CrossFit “safer.”
- Barbell Voodoo Podcast – Host Jacob Fasig focuses on fitness and health with his Nashville-based podcast, and he talks frequently about CrossFit. Each episode features a special guest that can talk at length about prioritizing fitness and overall health.
- Mind Pump Podcast – Hosted by Sal Di Stefano, Adam Schafer & Justin Andrews, Mind Pump provides the “raw truth” about the fitness industry using science-backed data and shows listeners how to achieve several goals. Many episodes feature special guests, including Jason Khalipa.
- Type-1 Lifting Podcast – Thomas Lennon, the creator of the Type-1 Lifting lifestyle brand, covers a wide variety of topics with his weekly podcast. He interviews Games athletes and broadcasters, but he also provides crucial information about training with Type 1 and 2 diabetes.
- Feed the Good Wolf Podcast – Functional Fitness training & nutrition discussions about things you want to know. If you are an elite athlete, fitness enthusiast, or a coach looking to understand more about how to build your training programs, eat to perform, and look at the fitness space in a new way, we have you covered.
- Working Against Gravity Podcast – Michael and Adee Cazayoux dive into every facet of health, wellness and personal development in this podcast by Working Against Gravity. The WAG Podcast takes a unique approach to self-development by connecting the dots between nutrition, mindset, stress, and relationships through relatable stories and providing you with actionable steps that you can take today.
Shows Discussing Coaching & Mindset:
- Power Athlete Radio – The podcast hosted by former NFL player John Welbourn and Tex McQuilkin is not a CrossFit show per se, but it focuses on strength and conditioning. The show features a variety of coaches, authors, scientists, and many other guests that provide a wealth of information.
- Misfit Podcast – The Misfit Athletics family discuss all aspects of CrossFit and functional training in episodes lasting roughly one hour. They talk about mindset, best times to train, and the CrossFit Games among other topics.
- Chasing Excellence – Championship-winning coach Ben Bergeron uses Chasing Excellence to provide information about living the best life possible both inside and outside the gym. He and his guests cover programming, nutrition, and a wide variety of topics to help listeners achieve this goal.
- OPEX Fitness Presents: Back Room Talk – OPEX Coaches Carl Hardwick and Georgia Smith kick back each week and take part in candid conversations about training, gym culture, body image, and several other topics. Many episodes feature special guests from the fitness industry.
- Effort Over Everything with Jason Khalipa – The 2008 CrossFit Games champ and founder of NCFIT is the host of a show that features down and dirty discussions about the fitness industry. Khalipa talks to a multitude of CrossFit athletes and experts in the industry.
- The Limitless Athlete Podcast – Hosted by coaches Tom Foxley and Rachel Binette, the Limitless Athlete Podcast focuses on helping functional fitness athletes improve their mindset so they can reach new personal bests. The podcast includes a multitude of interviews, including one with Morning Chalk Up founder Justin LoFranco.
- Gas Station Cappuccino – A creation of Caffeine and Kilos, Gas Station Cappuccino follows hosts Dean Saddoris and Danny Lehr as they highlight all aspects of the fitness industry. They discuss running a successful business, different training styles, the best Halloween costume for fitness, and music in the gym among other topics.
- Burpee Nation – While the name heavily implies CrossFit coverage, Burpee Nation does not limit itself to one topic. Hosts Adam and Lindsey also discuss obstacle course races, running, and building gyms.
- Don’t Tone Alone – Hosted by sisters Shai and Leah Douty, Don’t Tone Alone is a fitness-focused show that features a multitude of guests, including Gordie Gronkowski. According to the Morning Chalk Up’s Patrick Clark, the show will feature some CrossFit athletes in the future.
- Barbell Shrugged – The men behind Barbell Shrugged created a show where they discuss fitness and training. They also frequently interview CrossFit athletes.
- The Hard to Kill Podcast – Dave Morrow, a 15-year veteran of the Canadian Armed Forces, created The Hard to Kill Podcast for those in the military, law enforcement, or the medical field. The show covers fitness topics, but it also discusses other pressing stories such as Afghanistan and finding success outside of the military.
- Garage Gym Athlete – Jerred Moon, the creator of Garage Gym Athlete programming, launched a show that focuses on an increasingly relevant topic. He explains how to properly train out of a garage while overcoming potential obstacles that may not exist in a traditional gym.
- Street Parking, the brainchild of Julian and Miranda Alcaraz, has five different podcasts available. These shows — More Than Nothing, Jeb and Flow, SP Mamas, Coaches Roundtable, Adventures of Alcaraz — cover training, mindset, and a multitude of other topics.
- Best Hour of Their Day – Hosted by CF-L4 coach Jason Ackerman and CF-L3 coach Jason Fernandez, Best Hour of Their Day dives deep into the world of coaching and running an affiliate, discussing topics live business development, coaching trends and monetization strategies with some of the best minds in the business.
- Big Ideas Big Moves Podcast – Branded as “The Destination for High Performers”. Hosted by Jamie Allison, Jamie talks with and learns from people who are making “big moves” in their field. “Every episode we will learn from the best and leave you with actionable advice, learning and inspiration.”
Shows in Foreign Languages:
- Dummies at the Box Podcast – Language: Italian. We talk about Fitness, wellness and CrossFit® through the stories of people who do not necessarily make a living from sport but who experience sport as a way to improve themselves and create a living and sustainable community.
- Proathletic Podcast – Language: Spanish. Hosted by Roberto Focul, this podcast focused on topics around CrossFit, training, nutrition, advice, interviews and more.
- Chain Reaction Talks – Language: Spanish. Talks and debates about fitness, health, nutrition with a fitness expert, athlete and passionate about sports, Itzel Cadena, and a newcomer on the path to a healthier life, Laura Mayo.