CrossFit German Throwdown Rescheduled, Now July 18-19
On Wednesday, March 11, CrossFit German Throwdown director Benedict Gebhardt announced that the Sanctional would be postponed, as ordered by local health authorities. Today, Gebhardt announced the new dates for the event — July 18-19, 2020.
One big thing: The winners of each division will still receive invitations to the CrossFit Games in Madison, WI. The German Throwdown directors, venue staff and others were able to make these new arrangements quickly to give athletes, spectators, volunteers and vendors as much time as possible to adjust their travel schedules.
What they’re saying: “It is an extraordinary situation for all of us, but with your support, support of the community and of our volunteers and partners, we know that this event will be the festival we were looking forward to. The winner of each division will still get an invite to the CrossFit Games 2020.”
The bottom line: The rescheduled Sanctional leaves open the possibility for last-minute Games invitations, as the CrossFit Games themselves begin on July 29, 2020.
Status of current scheduled Sanctionals now through the end of May.
- March 13-15: CrossFit Atlas Games — Postponed, Date TBD.
- March 20-22: West Coast Classic — Postponed, Date TBD.
- March 28-29: CrossFit German Throwdown — Postponed to July 18-19.
- April 3-5: Reykjavik CrossFit Championship — Postponed to June 5-7.
- April 8-11: ELFIT CrossFit Championship — Postponed to June.
- April 17-19: Mid-Atlantic CrossFit Challenge — Postponed to June 26-28.
- April 24-26: CrossFit Italian Showdown — Postponed, Date TBD.
- May 8-10: Asia CrossFit Championship — Postponed to July 3-5.
- May 15-17: Rogue Invitational — Planned as scheduled. Next decision date 4/15.
- May 22-24: Down Under CrossFit Championship — Planned as scheduled.
- May 22-24: Madrid CrossFit Championship — Planned as scheduled.
- May 29-31: The CrossFit Lowlands Throwdown — Planned as scheduled.