WOD On The Waves Canceled: Customers To Be Issued Full Refunds
WOD on the Waves customers will now be entitled to a full refund after cruise company Celebrity Cruises extended the suspension period for its upcoming trips to May 12.
Quick recap: WOD on the Waves had alerted passengers earlier this month that the April 16 cruise would still go ahead despite mass cancelations by major cruise lines worldwide during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Morning Chalk Up has been following developments closely after we were alerted by concerned customers, demanding the company issue full refunds.
More than 40 celebrity guests — including Rich Froning, Patrick Vellner and Camille Leblanc-Bazinet — were also still contractually obliged to attend while the cruise was scheduled to go ahead.
While fans had forked out between $699 — $3,999 for the five-day trip (not including airfare) WOD on the Waves had already paid charter company Celebrity Cruises for rooms onboard the ship and was bound by their decision whether or not to sail.
What this means for passengers:
- WOD on the Waves CEO Christopher Brauser told the Morning Chalk Up thst, because the company is set to receive a full refund from Celebrity Cruises, it can pass that onto customers.
- Anyone who cancels during 2020 will get a full refund of their purchase, although the company’s urged passengers to be patient, as it may take some time for reimbursement from Royal Caribbean, the owner of Celebrity Cruises.
CEO Christopher Brauser said: “We sincerely apologize for the challenges all of you faced during this time in dealing with the ramifications of the Coronavirus pandemic. This has been a stressful time for all of us, and we are all greatly relieved by Celebrity’s decision. Thank you all for your patience during this difficult time.”