Companies across the industry have scrambled in the last couple of weeks to financially support affiliates closing all across the United States. Leading the charge is O2 Natural Recovery who last week began donating 50% of all profits from online sales directly to affiliates. Now Born Primitive has joined the cause.
One big thing: The idea is catching momentum. After launching last week, O2 had its largest e-commerce month in company history. Sales were up 606% in just a week and now Born Primitive is joining the cause and several other brands are in discussions.
The details: Here’s how you can support your gym while shopping online.
- Locate your gym’s unique code here. If you don’t see your gym listed, you can send O2 an email.
- Head over to drinko2.com or bornprimitive.com and start shopping.
- Use your gym’s unique code at checkout to ensure that 50% of profits are sent to them.
Why they’re doing this:
- Dave Colina, Owner of O2: “Affiliate owners and their coaches are some of the most influential people in their members’ lives, and without them O2 wouldn’t be where we are today. We believe there are hundreds of thousands of affiliate members who feel the same way about their local affiliate owner, and the Community Coalition empowers them to give back to them directly while supporting brands that are doing the same. None of us know how this will shake out, but we know that in crisis, we’re stronger together, and if there’s any community that was built to withstand hard times it’s this one. It’s hard to give back in such a time of uncertainty, but hard people do hard things when they know it’s the right thing to do.”
- Bear Handlon, Owner of Born Primitive: “The CrossFit gym owner is the foundation of the entire community. My journey started in a local CrossFit gym, and it gave me the privilege to compete at the CrossFit Games and start a brand that was born in this space. I feel a personal obligation to use our platform at Born Primitive to help out, and I encourage other brands to try to do the same. Without these gyms and their members, we might not have ever existed in the first place.”
Get The Newsletter
For a daily Digest of all things CrossFit. Community, Athletes, Tips, Recipes, Deals and more.
As countries around the world aggressively respond to COVID-19, what is the right course of action for you? Do…
Not only did 60-year-old Will Powell dominate the men’s 60-plus division during the CrossFit Games Age Group…