Games Dispatches: 13 Days Until the CrossFit Games?
The CrossFit Games week, as it’s commonly known, stretches officially from October 19 – 25, 2020, though actually competition days for individuals usually hasn’t started until Wednesday or Thursday. With the roster including only 10 total athletes due to COVID-19, it’s unlikely the first Games event will start earlier than Thursday, October 22.
What we’re hearing: Athletes will begin quarantining inside the bubble starting on Monday the 19th of Games week.
- Broadcast: The live competition will be broadcast on CBS Sports and also on the CrossFit Games’ YouTube and Facebook.
From inside the Ranch: Dave Castro has brought a handful of athletes to the CrossFit Ranch in Aromas, CA to continue testing workouts for the final stage of competition.
- Five athletes total popped up on Instagram: Saxon Panchik, Brandon Luckett, Kristi Erano O’Connell, Andrea Nisler, and Alison Scudds.
- Workout watch: We saw lots and lots of running, some potential stuff indoors and what looks like a bar-based workout. But at this stage, it’s all really just a guess.
- Worth noting: This photo of Nisler and Eramo O’Connell looks like it’s at a local high school football or soccer field, which makes sense considering that the Games has programmed field-based events since they moved to Carson, CA in 2010.
- Also worth noting: Eramo O’Connell was seen diving into a pool. Coincidentally, many nearby high schools are not only temporarily closed but also have swimming pools. ???
A few things to watch:
- See you at the Ranch.
- Predictions on the Men’s Side of Phase 2 of the 2020 CrossFit Games
- Interview with Sam Kwant and his son Layton.
- Interview with Haley Adams.