The Ranch Trail Run Aerial and Track Details…Yikes
Enjoying Morning Chalk Up? Access additional exclusive interviews, analyses, and stories with an Rx membership.
The final event of day 1 was unique in a lot of ways. Athletes starting the race were told it was about 3 miles, which is roughly a 5K, similar in distance to the trail run programmed in 2007. Now we all know the big surprise at this point but here are some specific details on the terrain and distance itself.
- The trail loop is approximately three miles, so six when doubled.
- This was the second longest running event in Games history; second to Pendleton 2’s 6.8 mile run in 2012.
- The grade of the hills ranges from 20 degrees up to 50 degrees; The average slope is 13-14 degrees.
- Elevation gain was about 2,000 feet over the course of the run (1,000 feet each way).
- That also means athletes descended 2,000 feet too.
- The longest ascent was 3/4 of a mile.
Get the Newsletter
For a daily digest of all things CrossFit. Community, Competitions, Athletes, Tips, Recipes, Deals and more.
"*" indicates required fields
More About CrossFit Games
“I believe this is my first season as a CrossFit athlete,”: Bronislaw Olenkowicz Joins Justin Cotler’s Underdogs Athletics and Starts Comeback Season
How Does Kineon’s Red Light Therapy Device Work? The Science Behind The Tool Elite CrossFitters Swear By
More #crossfit ranch