Nominate Someone in Need for “Victory Gives”
At the heart of CrossFit is the word community, and Victory Grips is living that out.
On December 1, the company announced Victory Gives, a nomination-based give-back program. Anyone can nominate someone in need of a helping hand by filling out this form by December 11, 2020.
One big thing: Nominating someone is incredibly easy and could make a big difference. Victory Grips is calling on the supportive community of CrossFit to help.
- “This year has been especially hard for many people in our community, and we want to try to help make the holidays a little brighter for some of them,” said Victor Pellegrino, a co-owner of Victory Grips.
The Victory Gives program is hoping to help those in need by purchasing Christmas gifts, buying groceries, taking care of some bills, etc. It could be anything, as long as it provides relief for community members.
Pellegrino said he and his wife Wendy were inspired by the support they have received from the CrossFit community this year. So, they took the concept of a popular holiday fundraiser and put their own twist on it.
- “Many people are familiar with the ‘angel tree’ way of helping others during the holidays,” said Pellegrino.
- “We want to take that same personal approach but on a larger scale.”
The nomination form is fairly short. The last section asks for a detailed story about what your nominee is in need of this holiday season and why. You can also upload photos or even a video.
While nominations are currently being received until December 11, Pellegrino hopes Victory Gives isn’t the end of giving back this year.
- “It’d also be pretty awesome if this inspired others to do the same,” he said.
- “We simply want to make the end of 2020 a little better, a little brighter, by directly helping some people in need.”
The big picture: If you know someone who has had an especially rough year, take a moment to nominate them for Victory Gives.
- “Share their story with us so that maybe we can help,” said Pellegrino.