Closures, Revenue Loss, Pay Cuts, Layoffs: New Research Reveals COVID-19’s Impact on 6,000 Gyms

January 15, 2021 by
Credit: CrossFit London: https://www.instagram.com/crossfitlondonon/

Earlier this week, we reported on the 84-page report that gym mentorship company Two Brain Business recently released -- “the most comprehensive, data-driven analysis of the fitness industry ever conducted,” they said -- about the state of the fitness industry in 2020. Today, we’re going to take a closer look at their COVID-specific data. 

The details: Two Brain research examined 6,000 gyms. CrossFit gyms made up 70 percent of them, and boutique and yoga studios, personal training, martial arts and strength and conditioning gyms rounding out the other 30 percent. It included a 59-question survey and data from various other companies in the industry, namely Wodify, Arbox, Rigquipment, AGuard and Gym Lead Machine.

This content is available exclusively to Members

Become an member and start enjoying full access to all our community and sports content, and an ad-free experience.

PROMO

  • Exclusive content
  • Ad-Free web/app experience
  • Comments on articles
  • Access to the mobile app
  • Exclusive 15% WIT discount
  • $1 per month for the first 4 months, $8 each month after

  • Exclusive content
  • Ad-Free web/app experience
  • Comments on articles
  • Access to the mobile app
  • Exclusive private Facebook Group
  • Regular coffee breaks hang outs
  • Exclusive 15% WIT discount
$5/month
billed annually

Already a member? Log In.

Get the Newsletter

For a daily digest of all things CrossFit. Community, Competitions, Athletes, Tips, Recipes, Deals and more.

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.