Official Quarterfinal Cutoffs and Equipment List
The 2021 CrossFit Open is now complete and CrossFit HQ will begin its internal video review to verify scores and announce winners. Athletes who finished in the top 10% in their continent will now begin to move on to the newly minted quarterfinal stage, which kicks off April 8 for individuals.
Stage 2 Overview
- April 8 – 12: Individual Quarterfinals
- April 22 – 26: Teams Quarterfinals
- Week of May 3: Age Group Online Qualifier
Who advances to quarterfinals: According to CrossFit, the top 10% is made up of “all registrations from divisions with equipment…but not the equipment free workouts.” With that definition in mind, here are the official cut off lines for quarterfinals by continent.
|Continent||Women – Top 10% Cutline||Men – Top 10% Cutline|
|Africa||302nd place||437th place|
|Asia||418th place||828th place|
|Europe||2344th place||3594th place|
|North America||6594th place||7410th place|
|Oceania||898th place||997th place|
|South America||474th place||725th place|
One big thing: Only 300 total athletes (300 male and 300 female) from all continents combined will move on to compete in one of 10 semifinal events, pairing the field down significantly.
- North America – Top 120 advance
- Europe – Top 60 advance
- Oceania, Asia, Africa and South America – Top 30 advance
The quarterfinals equipment list: Similar to the 2021 CrossFit Open, athletes will be performing workouts from either their homes or at a gym and will be required to film their workouts.
- All recommended Open equipment.
- 30 feet of flat space suitable for movements covering distance.
- 15 foot climbing rope.
- Medicine ball (20/14lbs).
- Two dumbbells (50/35lbs).
- Concept2 rower.
- Gymnastics rings.
- GHD machine.
- Squat rack.