This Week in CrossFit
Did the week get ahead of you and you’re looking to catch up on the top trending stories in CrossFit and the fitness industry? You’ve come to the right place. Each week we will wrap up the major news and stories people are talking about inside the box.
CrossFit Competitions are back! Semifinals are underway for the Mid-Atlantic CrossFit Challenge and the Torian Pro. We’ll keep you up to speed with live coverage and up-to-date leaderboards so you can keep tabs on who’s headed to the Games. And, a Burpee World Record was shattered! Could you complete 5,529 burpees in 12 hours? That’s exactly what Angela Chatman did.
- Arguably the most “love to hate” piece of equipment among CrossFitters is the Assault Bike. As a staple at the CrossFit Games since 2015, Rogue has now replacing them with their Echo Bike as the “official air bike of CrossFit.”
- Taking third place as a rookie at the Games last year, Medeiros is a name that’s sticking around. With the news of Mat Fraser and the Buttery Bros bringing him on as a sponsor of their supplement company, fans will be watching him even closer this weekend at MACC. Who knows, maybe Fraser and Medeiros started making plans for this collaboration as they ran side by side during the 2020 Games Ranch Loop.
- Born Primitive Middle East is helping women look sporty with modesty in mind. The new collection allows women, primarily from Islamic culture, to wear their favorite brand while staying comfortable and covered.
- In an interview with Morning Chalk Up, Gudmundsson said, “there is not going to be Mat Fraser at the top of the Games this year so there is definitely an open spot for the taking.” Fans know him as ‘BKG’ and he is looking to take that winning spot.
- “They said I was actually dead for 10 minutes,” said Breslawski. After finishing a WOD at his local CrossFit gym, 44-year-old Breslawski suffered cardiac arrest. He talks about how his fitness might have saved him, and his journey of getting back to the box.
How to watch The Mid Atlantic CrossFit Challenge and the Torian Pro:
- Live video coverage will be available on the Games homepage as well as on their official YouTube and Facebook pages.
- The Morning Chalk Up will be onsite providing coverage of the competition with exclusive athlete interviews, in-depth coverage, highlights, analysis, images and daily recaps on our website, and on our official YouTube and Instagram pages. Subscribe and sign-up for alerts and updates on the latest content as it’s posted.
- CrossFit will provide the leaderboard for the MACC and Torian Pro.
Things you don’t want to miss:
- The CrossFit Games announced the total Semifinals Prize Purse this week. The ten events will award $400,000 to top placing athletes.
- CrossFit LLC reached out to the affiliate and athlete community on behalf of the Community Gyms Coalition today asking them to email or tweet their representatives in Congress to support the GYMS Act. They wrote, “The GYMS Act would provide direct grants to help boxes and small gyms pay their bills and stay in business.”
- Burpee Guinness World Record was shattered by Angela Chatman completing 5,529 burpees in 12 hours.
- The Fittest in Cape Town Semifinal event, which will be held in Cape Town, South Africa on June 4-6, released several Individual and Team workouts.
- ICYMI: The Buttery Bros are hosting a West Coast Classic After Party at Marquee Dayclub at The Cosmopolitan on June 20, 4-10 PM. Tickets available now.
- The Brazil CrossFit Championship, the South American Semifinal is asking for local media/content development help.
- The Granite Games COVID Protocol Update: Among a few other adjustments, the competition venue, TCO Stadium will be able to fill to full capacity.
- The Arnold Classic returns in 2021. The event will take place in Columbus, OH on September 25. Tickets will go on sale on June 15.
- For Memorial Day, O2 is offering a 50% discount Military discount with the GovX app.
- WIT Fitness Military Discount for Memorial Day: WIT Fitness is offering a 25% discount to all members of the US Military on every order through June 1. https://us.wit-fitness.com
- The new Rogue | Reflex factory in Davenport, IA will be opening soon and will be hiring $25 per hour, minimum wage jobs.