How to Watch: The 2021 Freakest Challenge Featuring Mat Fraser
After postponing the annual fitness competition in Barcelona due to COVID restrictions, the 2021 Freakest Challenge finale is back. Even though it won’t include spectators, organizers have a stacked roster of NIKE athletes lined up for the livestream, which will be broadcast in Spanish, English and Italian this Sunday.
Live coverage for the three-hour long event will be free and you can access all languages of the stream on the Fittest Freakest’s website. Your favorite sportscasters Tommy Marquez and Sean Woodland will be commentating the live English broadcast.
Schedule and format:
The Freakest Challenge is a tournament style team competition where two teams go head to head, where the winner advances. One of the things that’s made the Freakest Challenge different than other competitions is how they involve professional athletes in the competition, sometimes as competitors, other times as coaches. The last two teams remaining will compete in the finals to declare who is the fittest.
For the first time in the competition’s history, CrossFit Games athletes will be the ones choosing the WODs and helping the teams prepare by providing their advice and experience.
- Kick off time: 9:00 AM PT, ending around 12:00 PM PT.
- Mat Fraser
- Laura Horvath
- Gaby Migala
- Lukas Hogberg
- Jonne Koski
- Adaptive athlete, Steph Roach
Who’s competing? Eight total teams across Europe are competing, including some of Spain’s top Semifinal athletes, as well as adaptive athletes for the first time ever.
- From Spain: Fabián Beneito, Sara Alicia, Aniol Ekai, Elena Carratala, Silvia García and Damián Martínez.
- Swedish athletes from Crossfit C23, led by coach John Singleton, and Italian teams CrossFit Senigallia and CrossFit Officine, formed by elite athletes Stefano Carosso, Iurii Marincenco, Pietro Anderloni and Antea Longo will also be throwing down.
More on the Freakest Challenge
- “Fittest Freakest and Reebok Launch Treasure Hunt Through Europe to Find Nanons, Chance to Win 100 Trainers for Your Box”
- “Is the Fittest Freakest Challenge the Future of Non-Sanctioned Competitions?”
- “Three Big Takeaways From the 2020 Freakest Challenge.”