Fittest Freakest and Reebok Launch Treasure Hunt Through Europe to Find Nanos, Chance to Win 100 Trainers for Your Box
It’s about to be a race through Europe to find a fresh new pair of kicks. Reebok Nano X1s to be exact. Fittest Freakest, a European retail fitness company, is teaming up with Reebok to launch a treasure hunt to find the hidden trainers throughout European cities and countries.
The details: The Fittest Freakest Treasure Hunt will take place in 11 European cities in four countries beginning the first Sunday of May.
- May 2, Spain: Barcelona, Madrid, and Valencia
- May 9, Italy: Milan, Turin, Rome
- May 16, France: Paris, Lyon, Touluse
- May 23, Germany: Berlin, Hamburg
Each of the 11 cities will have one pair of hidden Reebok Nano X1s. Lucky for the participants, they won’t be searching completely in the dark. Some familiar CrossFit athletes will help participants by giving them tips and clues a few days before the treasure hunt takes place in each country.
Here’s who you can expect to see and where:
- Spain: Fabian Beneito (2020 Fittest in Spain)
Sara Alicia Fernandez Costa (two-time CrossFit Games athlete)
- Italy: Marina Novelli (two-time CrossFit Games athlete)
Giulio Silvino (three-time CrossFit Games athlete)
- Germany: Kevin Winkens (2020 Fourth Fittest in Germany)
Lukas Esslinger (2020 Fittest in Switzerland, four-time Games athlete)
- France: Carole Castellani (CrossFit Games athlete)
Stephane Ossanga (2020 15th Fittest in France)
The Freak Quiz: From there, the lucky 11 participants who find the Nano X1s will move on to a final test. On Sunday, June 6, the winners will take an online quiz, “The Freak Quiz.” The winner of the quiz will be awarded 100 pairs of shoes to take home to their CrossFit box.
Why it matters: Countries in Europe faced some of the most severe restrictions during the pandemic. From multiple lockdowns and curfews, many businesses including CrossFit gyms, had to shut their doors for good.
- “By giving life to this type of event, we want to dynamize and motivate the community in this difficult moment, where in Europe almost all of the boxes are closed indefinitely due to COVID,” Alberto Bucciante, the Fittest Freakest Partnership Manager said. “All CrossFit fans can participate in this Freak Quiz, regardless of their age and physical condition. The Freak quiz is ‘inclusive.'”