CrossFit Trivium to Host Fundraiser WOD for Will and Cass Moorad’s Cancer Battle
Will and Cassandra Moorad have been a part of the CrossFit Trivium community for the last four years, so when Will made the announcement that his wife was diagnosed with breast cancer, the gym immediately stepped up to help the couple as they embark on their fight against this devastating disease that affects 1 in 8 women.
- Nate Dodd, owner: “While our hearts are heavy with this news, we are resolute in our support, defiant in our stance, and are ready to join the fight however we can with Cass and Will to kick cancer’s ass.”
The details: CrossFit Trivium will host a workout and fundraiser for the Moorad’s to assist in their medical costs this Saturday, October 9 at their gym in Brentwood, TN. The event is open to the public.
- PRVN Fitness will be writing the workout, with a remote version for those who cannot participate in person.
- Heats will begin at 9:00 am at CrossFit Trivium.
- Donations will be accepted in any amount, paid by Venmo @CrossFitTrivium or CashApp $CrossfitTrivium w/ #CassCrew in the notes, or in-person donation.
- Any donations made day of, on-site at CrossFit Trivium of $5.00 or more will get a #CassCrew t-shirt, plus CrossFit Trivium will donate an additional $10.00.
- A GoFundMe page has also been set up for the Moorad family for those wishing to contribute to their medical costs.
- For more information on Cassandra’s battle against breast cancer she has set up a CaringBridge page where she will document their family’s journey as well as provide resources for detection and organizations that can help others dealing with this deadly disease.
- Contact CrossFit Trivium or owner Nate Dodd for more information on the workout and on how you can further assist the Moorads.