VIDEO: Chris Hinshaw on Building a Games Engine
Now that Semifinals are wrapped up, Games athletes are dialing in their training to prepare for Madison. As you could imagine, training looks quite different when getting ready for a Semifinal versus the Games…but how much different does a Games athlete’s endurance or engine work look like during this final push?
Morning Chalk Up’s Lauren Kalil sits down with the engine expert himself, Chris Hinshaw, to discuss how which Semifinal you compete at factors into your training and why implementing running year-round to your training is so important.
- 0:52 – Transitioning from Semifinal training to Games training
- 1:45 – The difference in your training based on when your Semifinal was
- 2:50 – How are these athletes preparing for potentially a marathon event
- 4:30 – Can you implement this training before Semifinals
- 6:35 – Do most Games athletes run year-round
- 7:47 – What’s the sweet spot for engine training
- 11:09 – The advantage of being a veteran runner