VIDEO: Did the LCQ Advance the Right Athletes?
The leaderboard is official and we have the full slate of athletes heading to Madison for the CrossFit Games. But with the second year of the same season format — is the Last Chance Qualifier a good test to advance the final 4 athletes to the Games?
Morning Chalk Up’s Lauren Kalil sits down with Brian Friend and Dex Hopkins to discuss the men’s and women’s fields and whether the LCQ found the last fittest of the 40.
- 0:57 – Surprises from those qualified on the men’s field
- 3:18 – Looking at the 2 female qualifiers
- 7:40 – The growth of the field of athletes
- 9:05 – Are these the best athletes from the LCQ field
- 10:54 – Style of LCQ to advance athletes
- 13:36 – The bottom line