VIDEO: Will Roman Khrennikov Be Top 10 at the 2022 CrossFit Games?
For four straight years, Roman Khrennikov sat back and watched other athletes compete at the CrossFit Games. Like those athletes, he earned his place to compete but couldn’t make it to the states due to visa struggles.
Now that he’ll finally compete on the big stage, will he break the top 10, or even top 5?
Morning Chalk Up’s Lauren Kalil sits down with Chase Ingraham and Dex Hopkins to discuss why they both think his fitness is there, but other variables are going to be that deciding factor.
- 0:57 – Do any of Romans previous wins give us a good indicator for how he’ll perform at the Games
- 2:09 – How the Game’s atmosphere could impact performance
- 5:50 – Roman finally making it to the states
- 7:30 – How does being a “rookie” affect him
- 9:15 – Outside factors being the determining factor
- 10:40 – Is he top 5
- 13:11 – Looking at last year’s podiums: who swaps out?
- 14:08 – Depth of the men’s field
- 16:50 – Does Roman shift the leaderboard
- 19:44 – The bottom line