RP Strength Takes Over as Official Nutrition Coaching Platform of CrossFit Games
CrossFit HQ and RP Strength have announced a significant change for the 2022 NOBULL CrossFit Games. RP Strength will serve as the official nutrition coaching platform while helping athletes focus on eating, training, and recovering better.
One big thing: RP Strength (Renaissance Periodization) announced the news with a press release on July 15. This deal will cover multiple seasons, starting with 2022 as the company celebrates its 10-year anniversary.
- RP Strength will have a physical presence at the CrossFit Games, and it should be one of the biggest due to its role as a partner-level sponsor.
- The company will present its macronutrient-based approach to fitness and nutrition to the thousands of fans in attendance at Madison, as well as the hundreds of athletes preparing to compete.
What they’re saying: “This is a huge moment for RP and the CrossFit community. It has been a great transformation to see the CrossFit community not only focus on the quality of the foods that they are consuming over the years, but we can now be a focal point in how much of it they are consuming to better reach their health and fitness goals. We can’t wait to celebrate this exciting milestone at this year’s NOBULL CrossFit Games,” said Nick Shaw, co-founder and CEO of RP Strength.
- Justin Bergh, GM of Sport at CrossFit: “All of the health and fitness benefits of CrossFit are built on the foundation of nutrition, so we are pleased to partner with RP Strength who shares our commitment to helping members improve their performance by dialing in their nutrition. RP is proven in the nutrition coaching space, and we look forward to our work together to highlight the importance of nutrition across our community.”
Why this matters: RP Strength already boasts a stacked list of partners, which includes top-tier CrossFit athletes. Rich Froning Jr., Annie Thorisdottir, Colleen Fotsch, Melody Schofeld, and Tim Paulson are the prominent names. The company has a presence in the CrossFit space, but this partnership opens up more opportunities to reach those with a desire to improve their overall health.
- RP Strength also has partnerships with powerlifting World Champion Marisa Inda, world record-holding powerlifter John Haack, American Ninja Warrior Athlete Najee Richardson, and San Diego Padres player Brent Rooker among others.
Big moves: The addition of RP Strength is only the latest move ahead of the 2022 NOBULL CrossFit Games. HQ also previously revealed that O2 would become the “official recovery drink and hydration mix” for the CrossFit Games for at least the next two years.
- Like RP Strength, O2 has a history of supporting the top CrossFit athletes and the community in general. Now this will continue in supersized form during the 2022 NOBULL CrossFit Games as the recovery drink company takes on a more prominent role during a packed weekend celebrating fitness.
Get the Newsletter
For a daily digest of all things CrossFit. Community, Competitions, Athletes, Tips, Recipes, Deals and more.
"*" indicates required fields